anyone recycling used oil as Oliver tractor feed?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

anyone recycling used oil as Oliver tractor feed?

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Hey gang - sorry but I couldn't figure out a subject title better than this for what's on my mind... :mrgreen:

Back when I had a six-by deuce and a half, I would have no problem "feeding" that multifuel diesel powerplant some recycled (used) motor oil as alternative fuel. She also got to feed on used ATF, random mixtures of mineral and vegetable oils as well. Of course, I first strained the waste motor oil (WMO) and transmission fluid through old t-shirts and such as strainers into drywall buckets. Didn't do this on a large scale, but I knew guys back then who fed their farm tractors and other diesel implements in this style as well.

Not getting into the "is it or is it not good for your engine/the environment/etc." arguments - but since I haven't had any diesels in a couple years I realized I may be throwing away perfectly good used synthetic engine oil from my new-ish Chevy truck. Wish I still had something to do with it instead of just taking it to the gas station recycling tank.

Anyone within 30 miles of Alexandria, VA, who is still foolish enough to use mixtures of WMO in their engine application of choice, I now have almost 3 gallons of black gold for ya!

Doubt that I can deliver this UPS or FEDEX, even if you have a C&R license...LOL

have fun

Adam Lee

P3150011.JPG
[/size]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: anyone recycling used oil as Oliver tractor feed?

Post by RBHarter »

Old thread resurrection .......
We never tried to run any of it in engines but I did run a lot of drain oil through an arrangement with a flat plate V funnel through waste rag fabrics . The line of magnets on the V plate trapped out the steel and the rags trapped the big chunks . We ran it for chain saw bar oil .

I don't know that the synthetic oil would burn as that's what car lots do for "gradmas Sunday go ta meeting " car that smokes a little from sitting more days than it's driven .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Topic Bucket”