App Press

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

App Press

Post by Ranch Dog »

Okay, here is the App Press page on the Lee Web Site. Much more than just for bullet sizing.
Michael
jertex
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: App Press

Post by jertex »

So, I looked at the APP press, now I'm really confused. Is there any more information on this from Lee, like a video that I could watch on how it is different?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jertex wrote:So, I looked at the APP press, now I'm really confused. Is there any more information on this from Lee, like a video that I could watch on how it is different?
That's all that his been posted yet. I still think for your purpose, the Classic Cast Turret is the way to go.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Just what I've been able to read so far I'd have to say the APP press is probably not a starter press. I think we'll know more when some of us get our hands on one. I've tried to figure out what else I would need if I order the full unit and figure to set it up just for the lever guns. So that would be 357, 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 35 Rem and 38/55. If I have the funds when it comes available I may take the plunge.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Knighthawk

Post by Knighthawk »

For someone who needs to replace some equipment/press this press looks like it could be used for a multiple of tasks. For a person who needs to watch the budget and is starting out, it might be the ticket. It does seem to be versatile, but I need to see a video of it in use and change over to better understand different uses.
But for the guy that already has a reasonable amount of equipment you might use the APP for one function in the mix.
For me it looks like the LCT press and other equipment I already have would produce loads faster and I would not be reinventing the wheel.
Still need to understand the APP better through video's and reviews. So as soon as one of you buy it, and put it to use, write it up......
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

With the info update on the Lee website, It might take care of two needs for me immediately. Primer pocket swagging. This would eliminate uniforming on my prep center. Bulge Busting is the other. The case feeder would help both, but when you are trying Bust at a high rate, sooner than later you will pinch your feeders. A case feeder would be awesome!
Michael
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

Reading the newer description, I think the press would be great for a newer reloader. A single stage press that will easily do several tasks and at an acceptable price. I'm not sure of a case feeder, but the press looks like it would be easy to figger out...
owejia
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by owejia »

The base fed sizing feature would be great for sizing cast boolits before and after powder coating, I modified a mount to turn one of my presses upside down for the increased production.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

jertex wrote:So, I looked at the APP press, now I'm really confused. Is there any more information on this from Lee, like a video that I could watch on how it is different?
Here's a link to a video showing the APP press decapping brass.

More videos here:

https://leeprecision.com/app-automatic- ... ing-press/

[youtube][/youtube]
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Put an order in with Titan this morning, full press some bullet sizing stuff a 4 pack of their new bushings since they'll also work on the hand press. Need to go out to the Lee site last time I looked they have sizers for the 38/55 size bullets.

Make ammo,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “APP”