Generally "Whatcha doing today" or this week ....?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Generally "Whatcha doing today" or this week ....?

Post by Old Scribe »

Scheeesh! It's been a busy week, inspite of the rainy weather we've been under. I need to get the last of the leaves under the oak trees gathered up and to the burn pile. Too wet to burn, even the buck brush piles.
I drove to southern Oregon yesterday (35 miles) and took the wife to her dermatologist. Still clean after almost 2 years, thank the good Lord!
Supposedly it is going to stop with the rain tomorrow. I have to get out to the range and shoot some .38 loads.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Monday: work all day then softball game 9 year old then little league responsibilities after.
Tuesday: work all day then softball practice 9 year old then little league responsibilities after.
Wednesday: work all day then softball practice 9 year old then little league responsibilities after.
Thursday: work all day then softball game 9 year old then little league responsibilities after.
Friday: work all day then three trips to the baseball fields to handle problems.
Today: work all day then ?

Installed a nifty pre-fit dovetail plug in my 1951 Marlin 39A and need to take update pics. Also need to sight in the Redfield rear sight...but I've had the other Redfield mounted to the 336 for a couple years and haven't shot it. Have't shot the AK47 since I put the stock rear sight back on and I'm making the electronic payment for my first ever .410 shotgun right now...that I may never get to shoot.

I bought and restored a Wilson A2000 infielder mitt for my Freshman in High School son. He loaned it to a teammate in need until I told him to keep it to himself, I'd help. I bought another A2000 and restored it, gave it to the other kid so my kid could keep both his mitts to himself. Yep, my kid then lost his the first day he got it back. Another is on the way and my son will be a Benjamin lighter (average cost for one that needs restored is $120). So...another A2000 restoration starts next week. Anyone here restore ball gloves? It's kinda fun. I may start advertising services on craigslist.

I got a guitar for Christmas and have been learned a very small bit most days.

My sophomore in High School daughter got first place in UIL Area in Copy Editing so she's going to Regionals. My oldest son rarely competes because of band and baseball.

Both my young ones are starting to have teeth pulled in preparation for braces one day. One of them just had a minor surgery AND got fitted for glasses for the first time.

I have a leak in the hall bath shower/tub liner and/or drain so all six of us are using one shower. Plumber friend was notified eight days ago. Says we're still on the list...

Ugh
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Makes this humble hobble seem pretty boring . Working today to make up for the days off with Ms . She really doesn't shake off the anesthesia well . She got a bug while she was there I guess to go with it .

I saw the drum parts someplace for the UniFlow measure I just don't know where .
Time to get going .....
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Woke up this morning (which is always a good sign) and it's raining. Not hard, just raining, so not much is going to be done outside. May go out to the shop and put some quick disconnects on a couple new hydraulic hoses I had made up. Maybe. I've been retired for 12 years now and I've gotten to the point where I really only like to "work" outside on "nice" days. That would be days that are not to hot and not to cold, 75 to 85 degrees is about right although 85 is getting a bit warm. These are the day's I'll really get after it. We get about 6 of those a year....... :lol:
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

I really let this go to sleep .

Turns out we brought a bug home from the DDS . Laid us pretty low a few days . Feeling much better now .

Dug out one of the M12s out of the safe , it's got rust speckles ........ The Blockade didn't hold up well on the 10% blue remaining receiver . Thank goodness it cleaned up easy . I have a new barrel assy for the parkerized , bead blasted and mat blued actually , M12 . It has a ring right at the magazine band and all of the choke is gone ..... So a new project there . May have to buy a 12 ga reamer .

Had the pollen dump yesterday . My second visit with it . Any otherwise invisible touch , hand print , water mark or paint defect holds the stuff so my red Explorer was bright yellow from the body trim up yesterday in the driveway and again by the time we came home . Fortunately we don't seem to be bothered by the pines and grasses just the oaks and cedars .......

Been a hard month on dogs in my circle . Had to put mine down with cancer . A friend of mine lost both of his older dogs , they were 13&15 so not unexpected . My son had to put his service dog down also . She was 18 and in pretty rough shape but they had been as one for about 10 years .

Ms lost another Aunt this week ......other other side of the family .
Not hunting sympathy just news as it falls .

I think I'm going to take a day this weekend and cast 40-50 lbs of bullets .

Sawmill is back ordered again ....... 2 months and I still don't have one to put on a truck ......... I may have to break down and spend the extra $300 bucks to get one here .

I'm thinking about getting a bottom pour pot to feed the ladle pot and remelt sprues etc to keep my flow up . I only have a couple of moulds that really like to be pressure poured so .... If I hurry I might do that this year .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dang RB, sorry to hear about the Ms's Aunt and the loss of the dogs. Also, glad you are on the mend.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Been a rough couple of weeks .
I have to get some vehicles rolling again the last storm I drove home in in the Nissan I got something wet I guess . Mom's Explorer is probably going to need an engine , but I won't know until I stick my bore scope in the spark plug holes .
Things aren't as grim as they seem .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

RBHarter wrote:Been a rough couple of weeks .
I have to get some vehicles rolling again the last storm I drove home in in the Nissan I got something wet I guess . Mom's Explorer is probably going to need an engine , but I won't know until I stick my bore scope in the spark plug holes .
Things aren't as grim as they seem .
Yeah, and I bet you can handle all of it!
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Short day at work today . Installing ceiling fans and kitchen lights ...... Got bit , there's a neutral crossed someplace with a hot line I guess . In the right fore finger out through left palm . Good times . This wasn't a little tickle it felt like I took a 2x4 across my shoulders ........ Back tracked that and fixed it . Some people . The headache though .....and focus lost .

On a lighter note I found the brand new glasses that went AWOL in the move ! What a delight to be able to see at all distances from 12" out .

The nap really helped .
Got the parts for the powder measure so after just 13 yr of making do with just the large drum for my UniFlow at long last I have the small drum and it's guts . Woohoo no more stutter dropping for 380 , 9×17 , and 38 Short/New Police/etc .
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Building fence...... :x using 8ft X 6" dia.treated wood posts for the corners and gates (three gates) 16 posts in all. Hand tamped using 3/4 minus gravel, 4" cross braces 8 ft long between the posts. 6ft. t-posts in between the wood posts, double twist barbless wire three runs high. First post, piece of cake, 3ft down with tractor auger, set the post, tamp it in with gravel using 12lb tamping rod. Set the line I want to run, measure out 8ft for the next wood post, start the auger down, get two feet hit tree roots, things go sideways, stop pto. Get shovel and sawzall, hands and knees, dig, cut, dig, cut. Two hours later set post in the hole, have not tamped, quit for the day....600 feet to go........retirement is just dandy. Where did I put those golf clubs.

LARRY...... :lol:

Return to “Topic Bucket”