Generally "Whatcha doing today" or this week ....?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Generally "Whatcha doing today" or this week ....?

Post by RBHarter »

Headache took me out today . Before I left today I "found" a 30' run of number 8 220 volt for the big walk in refrigerator while trying to get the little deep freeze line going . They pulled an 8/3 and a 10/3 in one conduit then split the 10 for the freezer and the employee break room . The box where they split it had loose wire nuts .......and loose wires ......
The only thing worse than ripping out someone else's work that's right in the wrong place is trying to find and fix what they did wrong without ripping it all out and doing it right .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Headache took me out today .
Before I left I got power to the walk in Fridge , storage freezer , bar break/laundry room . The walk in Fridge is a big deal as it needs 50' of 8/3 w/ground and up to this that line was gone . That 1 run is about $100 so it was good to "find" it still there I think there's enough of the wiring still intact to pull this off and maybe only need to pull a single wire or maybe 2 less than 15' .

This place was a flood victim about 6 years ago , they tell me now that the walk in Fridge was out in the dinning area with 5' water marks on the walls . The original was built about 1905 but a fire took it out circa 1955 . They rebuilt in cinder block and clear span steel . The building is about 30×80 spanned the long way . There's so much that's out of current UBC and I'm only accurate on that up to 1990 so I'm sure there is stuff I should be doing different but I'm working best practices .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dude, what's up with the headaches? You going to see a doc about this?
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Just a little BP hiccup . One day was lost the a stress headache brought on by a hot line that shouldn't have been hot and running through my shoulders . Like taking a 2×4 across them . I've not been sleeping well either . I have theories about that but mostly its life baggage , and not dealing with it until it just gets to be an 800# gorilla riding an elephant through the living room .

I got some stress relief in today .
I actually got to cast a few bullets .
What started out as a bumblebee hunt turned into wasp whacking . 22 crimped shot shells and a Heritage Rough Rider . I really needed that . Target rich environment with a little more prep work I could have probably ahot 15-20 . I did go 4/4 on setters . At 15 ft or so they just poof . 20-25 they just kind of flop over and roll off of what ever they perched on . I think I need to get a couple of cartons of those or a bag of #10 or 12 and get busy with the 357 or get a roll crimp for 410 in the 45s .
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

After months of back order and a shipping fiasco I finally have the sawmill .
So Tuesday Ms will be hunting for a "scrap" boat trailer that will make the base and keep the portable mill portable .

The Busnell scope came came undone on the 6.8 so I had to swap it out , I put an old Weaver K4 in it's place . Seems the bulk loaded ammo that shot well in the GI barrel at altitude didn't shoot so well at sea level in a heavy barrel ........ I had remembered it shooting better that it did yesterday but whatever ...... Time to work up the H4198 loads .
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Well this kind of went flat .......

We have the restaurant open at long last so shameless plug for the Midway Park Restaurant in "Y" city AR ....maybe it Boles Ar I think that's where the PO is .
Just minor service things now and chasing ways to reduce power draw on the main and keep everything in service .

We found a fixer upper house for just a little more than the concrete for the original plan . It does short me the back yard range but the payment goes way down along with part of monthly costs . Like all homes it will be a work in progress but we're close enough to move in .

A lady I've been working with here has given me a massive pecan tree that is a blow over victim so I may have pecan floors in most of the house when we're done . The master bath is a wreck but work in progress , right .
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Before , appearently this was a solid wall with a door on the right and the last guy made it a bar with a door way . In any case it made for the Family room to be a dark pit .
FB_IMG_1566260749948.jpg
After , still needs some skin . Opened up it's still dark but worlds better .
FB_IMG_1568578713201.jpg
Some sheetrock and light paint as well as taking the smoke stain grey to white or at least cream will go a long way also .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 16 Sep 2019 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Restacked images
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Ok the pictures are backwards .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

RBHarter wrote:Ok the pictures are backwards .
I can fix that. Good work RB!
Michael
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

I'm researching reloading tools and components for a new SCCY 380 pistol I'm picking up tomorrow. Saw an ad in a gun mag for the SCCY and I haven't owned a 380 since 1986, I figgered I need one. I reload for all my guns except rimfires and two Russian battle rifles, so looking at dies, brass and bullets. This is a big part, fun, of reloading for me; research components, loads and tools. I checked Paul Harrell and Hickock 45 reviews on the SCCY and 380 (they are the only two I pay any attention to on dotube) and am looking forward to shooting and reloading... ;)

Return to “Topic Bucket”