Lee Customer service YAY!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee Customer service YAY!

Post by mikld »

I bought a Lee Bench Prime tool when they first came out, and have stuffed many thousands of primers, both large and small with it with no problems (I could dump a sleeve of primers in it and prime 100 cases, non stop). Recently with my large primer set up I would occasionally experience a tilted primer falling in front of the pin (I can see the primer fall from my position). I inspected the part and did see some wear, but nothing broken so I went to the Lee Precision website to identify the part and purchase a new one. I wasn't allowed to pay for the parts I ordered. I wanted a large and small "tray adapter mold parts", and no matter what I tied, the cost always came up $0.00. I do have an account with them, not commercial, just retail. I did pay shipping, and I got an email the same day "parts shipped". I've always been a Lee fan, but this is just great... :D
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Customer service YAY!

Post by daboone »

That has been my experience too. +1
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
larryw
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

+1
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Same here. Only problem is they usually charged shipping AND HANDLING and what costs me $2.37 to send when I ship something is a $8 charge from Lee. Oh well, it all comes out in the wash.

BTW, if you order more than one of a certain part, you will be asked to pay for the subsequent units.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
mikld

Post by mikld »

I'm of the mind that if I break something, I'll pay for a new one. I don't start complaining about "cheap parts" and such or warranties. When I get a tool/product, I'm experienced enough n mechanics/engineering, that I can ususlly figger out how the tool was designed and how the designers wanted it to be used. I worked in manufacturing for many, many years from machine shops making hand grenade parts to Motion Picture and TV lighting. Stuff made by men can/will break and nothing is perfect ('sept my handloads, of course! :lol: )...
Kaiser
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Kaiser »

I have always had a good experience with Lee's Customer service. I recently broke a part on my "Classic" bench press by using it to resize a jacketed bullet in one of their dies, and used too little sizing lube on the bullet. I told them it was my fault and expected to pay "full fare" for the new part. They said the part had since been redesigned and for the price of shipping would send the "new" one free of charge. What a deal! They could have sold me the new part and never mentioned the change, but went out of their way to satisfy this customer.
Rhyno7x

Post by Rhyno7x »

I've had some wear issues with the plastic indexing piece on my Classic Turret Press. I had the same experience. I tried to go buy a few more pieces so I'd have a bit of a stock for when they inevitably wear out, and it wouldn't let me pay for them. Lee quickly turned my frown upside down. I was very impressed with their customer service.

Return to “Topic Bucket”