RD's website banner pic today: cool! I like!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

RD's website banner pic today: cool! I like!

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Hey Lee Loader Low-Lifes!
Random, I know - but I got a little surprise when I clicked back to the Board Index tab, and saw a nice cover photo of Richard Lee's Modern Reloading Second Edition in the top left banner area. Made me smile, as I have the book resting on the piano chair across from where I am keyboarding right now! :D

I happen to be strategically located on the couch so that my Breg ice machine is at my right side (rotator cuff #2 operation) as well as a sidetable/bookshelf and reading lamp. The ottoman is either for my legs or the laptop, depending on how I have to position myself to make the arm/shoulder pain go away.

Anyhows, don't know the way the scrolling photo deal works Michael but I like it. Same goes for the photos on your Rossi Rifleman site! Love to see the guns & ammo pics of my fave stuff.

Be well, all! +zzz :t :roll:

and now, for something completely different: my buddy's M41 Walker Bulldog from about 10-12 years ago. Been restored in/out since. A movie clip from us messing around in it comes later, if I can find it!
m41b.jpg
m41c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: RD's website banner pic today: cool! I like!

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm glad the picture made you smile. I need to update the pictures but it is a heck of a task. Wish I had a tank.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter

Ranch Dog wrote:I'm glad the picture made you smile. I need to update the pictures but it is a heck of a task. Wish I had a tank.
Michael, you are retired; you have a lot of acreage, and you are mechanically inclined. If you think you have somewhere between 20k-200k to spend, I can hook you up! +corn

I recommend the ex-Russian stuff for cheap and fun, but for a little more cash go British or German. Surplus Leopard 1's and Centurions are nice! :t

My most fun tank ride? Ex-East German T-72. Least fun? Ex-Polish T-34. Coolest American tank? My buddie's M41 Walker Bulldog.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

Ranch Dog wrote:I'm glad the picture made you smile. I need to update the pictures but it is a heck of a task. Wish I had a tank.
Darn those hogs must be getting big +guns
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

Question; Does your buddy reload or does he shoot factory ammo in the big olive drab gun? If he reloads, what is his load, powder, bullet, etc.? Cast or jacketed? :lol:
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter

mikld wrote:Question; Does your buddy reload or does he shoot factory ammo in the big olive drab gun? If he reloads, what is his load, powder, bullet, etc.? Cast or jacketed? :lol:
Yeah, wondered if anyone might ask about the gun....breech cut DEMIL; for looks only. There's no need to register as a destructive device. He's destructive enough! :S
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote: Wish I had a tank.
Now you're talking! I seem to remember this type of phrasing almost always leads somewhere RD. +guns
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote: Wish I had a tank.
Now you're talking! I seem to remember this type of phrasing almost always leads somewhere RD. +guns
Given my aviation background, maybe a tank buster instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter

RD - skip the old stuff, go straight into the A-10 Warthog - obviously!!!!

:t
ranch_dogs_new_toy.jpg

Return to “Topic Bucket”