Target camera?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Target camera?

Post by Fyodor »

On an open sight connection as on a shooting range, wifi has some decent range. I've seen similar setups with a wifi repeater at half range that worked on 100 m (ca. 90 yds.).
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My Caldwell works out at my 300-yard berm without the repeater that was included.
Michael
EugeneNine
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by EugeneNine »

Testing with my son's cheap 'action camera' it will focus if held up to binoculars. so it appears just making a mount would suffice.
EugeneNine
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by EugeneNine »

Came up with another idea today. I have a few raspberry Pi's and the cameras for them, should be able to throw a camera on one and small battery and stream the image wifi. The cheap wifi in my house can go a couple blocks without any decent antennas, throwing a cantenna on them would help range.
SilverGoose

Post by SilverGoose »

mikld wrote:Jes thinkin' again. Does anyone know of a camera, remote battery powered, affordable camera that can be used for shooting? Possible to set up near the target and see the image/picture in real time, on my phone? I did some research for "remote cameras" but didn't find much suitable...
I know this is an old post, but I thought I would pass on some information about what I use for target cameras.
The cheapest Bluetooth based unit I have found is a Baby Monitor system. The unit links to your phone and most have a 600- 1000 foot range (straight line).
Most of the systems use rechargeable batteries for the base unit. the camera portion will need to have its own power supply. I use rechargeable units that can supply the 5 volts needed and have at least 3-5 amp output.
The system works quite well and is very cheap. New units are less than $ 50.00 and units can be found in second-hand stores for $ 5.00 to $ 10.00.

This may help others.

Return to “Topic Bucket”