Reloading Manuals old and new

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Reloading Manuals old and new

Post by mikld »

I'm one of those that like to peruse a text on reloading or scan a manual. I have my up to date manuals out in my shop,and my"good" library is in my bdrm. During a boring TV program (and the wife likes to watch the local news) I'll leaf through an older manual just to "keep in touch" with my reloading. I have some "gun texts" on history and gunsmithing that I look at too...
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

In my defense .......
I learned the major points growing up , Dad was into shooting when I was young and as a pre and early teen we loaded together a little bit . I knew the basics , but there were a lot of gaps that lacked clearity in why we did it that way . The books filled that in and answered a number of questions I didn't know I should have asked . I was also in a "less than satisfying" relationship and it gave me something to do between hunting and water skiing seasons . Imagine finding a manual with data for a cartridge that hadn't appeared singlely in a manual in nearly 20 yr , that had been dropped from production over 35 yr before . Yep the Speer #12 has mention of the 30&32 Rem in the 30-30 and 32 Win tables .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by oscarflytyer »

Numerous old manuals and books. Rely on them for invaluable data and info on a lot of the old stuff I reload for/shoot. priceless imo

Return to “Topic Bucket”