Back in the saddle. Back to my roots!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
9x80Drilling
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: Back in the saddle. Back to my roots!

Post by 9x80Drilling »

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/
You might try the many, many videos on Jody's website and learn welding at home.
Thanks for posting your interest in flying again. I think it's good for a person's soul to get back to their roots at times. I cut timber in the northwestern US for many years. At 68, I now should be completely retired. However, trees, chain saws, and the combining of these two pulls at me so much that I spend a day to three a week as an arborist, climbing, pruning, removing, on and on. I live for the big, technical felling jobs. And one of the men I work for flies his Lancair Legacy all the time, barrel rolling over the jobsite at times, just to make us look up and smile.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:I for one hope you don't do this. How else will I find ways to spend my retirement dollars?.
Trust me, it will only make me worse!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

9x80Drilling wrote:http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/
You might try the many, many videos on Jody's website and learn welding at home.
My through Drilling is that I'm a very undisciplined student. Outside of structured setting, I'm all over the map!
9x80Drilling wrote:Thanks for posting your interest in flying again. I think it's good for a person's soul to get back to their roots at times.
You're welcome. Concerning roots, it probably is good to return. Except unless the past has been a life of crime :!:
Michael
jdl447
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by jdl447 »

Just got out of the welding fabrication business. After 40 years in a shop my only plans now are to spend next summer out on Lake Erie walleye fishing. I did enjoy teaching the new hires though.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jdl447 wrote:Just got out of the welding fabrication business. After 40 years in a shop my only plans now are to spend next summer out on Lake Erie walleye fishing. I did enjoy teaching the new hires though.
There you have it. This little gig will only require six hours a week, two hours over three days, so it leaves me plenty of reloading, hunting, and fiddling time. The bad thing is that it puts me over some really good whitetail country, B&C country, that my place is not capable of producing.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I think we should change yer' handle from Ranch Dog to Lucky Dog. You lucky dog. :mrgreen:
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Michael, can you hear the sounds of envious Lee Loader Low-lifes in the background? :lol:

I have no idea what that would sound like, other than maybe a giant-sized "sigh" or collective "awww man!"

I'm really happy for you being able to combine multiple interests simultaneously. Plus, you can honestly tell people that you love what you do! I'm not exactly there anymore. Working on it, in fact, as I recover on short term disability. I think I am about to reinvent myself again, at age 55!

By the way, let us know how your dad is doing. I lost the post where you mentioned he was not well. I have been thinking about him, and you and your family Michael!

Be well

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Michael,

apologies if I made a mistaken comment re: your dad's health in the prior post. I think I may have confused another friend's comment about his dad in a different email, and if that is so, I don't want to get anyone worried!

Thanks
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

No problem, Adam. Dad's doing pretty good. He is now on the backside of 89, not too bad at all!
Michael
Dan 444

Post by Dan 444 »

Good for ya', Michael.

I haven't flown since I stopped driving that F4G in 1972.

Dan

Return to “Topic Bucket”