Today!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Today!

Post by Ranch Dog »

My reloading room needs an intervention and it is going to happen today. Was thinking about finishing some shooting with the SMLE Scout, but decided nothing was going to happen until I clean the place out. This is going to be a big deal as I will have to set up tables in the garage to move stuff to. It has gotten that bad. Slug gun stuff everywhere.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Today!

Post by GasGuzzler »

Good luck.

I'm building a bike for raffle as a baseball league fundraiser so my main bench is thrashed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

I'm headed over to Larry's (LarryW) house today. He is going to school me on how deep I'm in over my head on the TOW 1803 Harper's Ferry flintlock build. :oops:
I was happy to enlist his help then ran off to Hawaii hoping all my problems would magically disappear. :roll:
Fortunately all is not lost as he has found a way outta the swamp but he wants my opinions. :lol: Which means he want me to think I haven't ruined any hope to finishing this, as of now a 3 year old project.

Thank You LarryW for inviting me over instead of locking your door and telling Lisa to hide.

RD Cleaning, organizing and putting a reloading/casting room back in order is a daunting task and I wish you luck and the mental stamina to get er done!
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

I've found a "deep cleaning" of my shop had it's benefits and detractors. When I get into cleaning (not with a broom or bucket!) I often stumble on something that will bring up a memory. I was rearranging my library and found an old 3 ring binder of loads when I first started keeping a log, in '88. I found a couple sub 2" groups for my early 44 Magnum shooting/reloading (50' indoors range. Wow, did I do that?). Also sometimes "lost" tools reappear and now you have duplicates (I now have 3, 30-30 Lee trimmer kits). But I mostly jes take my time, if I finish this week fine, if not, I'll get to it sooner or later. Most of the time something more important comes up, like processing some 45 Colt brass...

Have fun and remember; there's only one way to eat an elephant, and that's one bite at a time... :D
Dan 444

Post by Dan 444 »

Good luck, RD. I starting cleaning the gun room a couple of weeks ago and found a Marlin 35Rem that I forgot that i have. I have three of them; so, I think that I'll sell one of them.

Best to all,
Dan
larryw

Post by larryw »

Come on now Dan, wasn't that bad, was it ???
Actually, as always with Dan, a very nice afternoon of 3 old friends screen porch sittin'
Peach tea drinking chewing the fat & talking our favorite subjects of guns, loading,
gear & casting. Oh yea, & rotten, ornery dogs. God love 'm !!!

For me & my 2 little caves, ( One indoor, one outdoor. ) In about 2 weeks, empty my
outdoor, modify, strengthen, add to & re-top my bench, peg board on the walls,
a few simple shelfs then see how long it takes to mess it all up again. :roll:
Then 2 weeks later, re-top & strengthen my indoor bench. +guns +guns
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dan 444 wrote:Good luck, RD. I starting cleaning the gun room a couple of weeks ago and found a Marlin 35Rem that I forgot that i have. I have three of them; so, I think that I'll sell one of them.

Best to all,
Dan
That's a find. Never can have enough 35 Rems.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well, I made some progress on my room but was easily sidetracked. I washed my dog along with his bedding in that it got was so warm. I also did a bunch of other stuff that was needed around the place and was not related to reloading, but I did get all my slug reloading components organized and off the bench. I also was able to get a complete shelf in our onsite storage room set up just for these. I'm not going to keep them in my reloading room as they consume so much space. Better to walk around to storage and pull out what is needed.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:Well, I made some progress on my room but was easily sidetracked. I washed my dog along with his bedding in that it got was so warm. I also did a bunch of other stuff that was needed around the place and was not related to reloading, but I did get all my slug reloading components organized and off the bench. I also was able to get a complete shelf in our onsite storage room set up just for these. I'm not going to keep them in my reloading room as they consume so much space. Better to walk around to storage and pull out what is needed.

Any homes nearby for sale there RD? I think I want to be your neighbor. Promise I won't bug ya' TO much... :P
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Dang it RD because of you I organized, put stuff away and cleaned, even the mopped the floor. :shock: Still finding bird shot with very sweep of the floor. Pretty damn sure it's rejuvenating/reproducing all by itself. :o

Found a lost locator button (that's mysterious part of a not to be mention press) so it was worth the effort.

Preceding this dastardly task I dumped a bunch of stuff on LarryW doorstep, thus creating more space to stick other stuff. ;) I think Larry's wife, Lisa, is about to tell me to never come back with more stuff ever again.

The best part of this ordeal will be finding what I need when I need it for the next batch of reloading. :t
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Topic Bucket”