family news FYI

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

family news FYI

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Well,
I'm always busy as anything with 3rd grade and my job. Too much in fact. Lately, though, things have happened and I'm going to take about 2 weeks off early next month to be with my wife.

She's also a teacher, a music teacher, and was diagnosed with a type of tumor that has developed in her lower spinal sheath. It seems most likely to be benign, which is great, but the surgery is invasive and there's that proximity to the spinal cord. I don't have to explain anything to you guys.

So she's got at least 8 weeks post-op recovery ahead of her, hopes to get back to her music students immediately following winter break - maybe the second week of January.

Her surgery is slated for Nov.9th, we are taking the dogs out to Shenandoah for a hike the day before. Should be pretty - trees will be in full color along Skyline Drive.

Anyway, those are some reasons I've not been around - hard to believe, I just recovered from my rotator cuff surgery and now my wife's got this. A bit much.

Please don't worry about it - I'm thankful for our health insurance, great doctors and great family support.

Be well - Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: family news FYI

Post by Jeff H »

Adam, that sounds exactly like what a colleague's wife went through a couple years ago. Everyone was on the edge of their seats and fearing the worst, but it went extremely well and everyone's back to just worrying about all the other problems in life again.

It's amazing how today so many procedures and treatments are so much more successful that just a a couple or three decades ago. We spent more energy worrying than we ended up spending on anything real - that's how well things went.

Here's wishing the best for your wife, your family and you while you work your way through this.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

My very best wishes for a successful operation and a speedy recovery.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Good thoughts & prayers coming your way.
It's for sure a lot to deal with, hang in there.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
mikld
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

Prayers from Orygun for excellent results and speedy recovery... (music teachers are special people!)
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Praying for a great outcome. Keep your head up.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter

Post by orerancher »

Best of Luck!
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter

Jeff H wrote:Adam, that sounds exactly like what a colleague's wife went through a couple years ago. Everyone was on the edge of their seats and fearing the worst, but it went extremely well and everyone's back to just worrying about all the other problems in life again.

It's amazing how today so many procedures and treatments are so much more successful that just a a couple or three decades ago.
Thanks for your comment Jeff. Our neurologist also is very confident not only that the tumor will be found benign, but also that Chris will have an excellent recovery. He told us that we should expect Chris to be walking, albeit very slowly and more like shuffling, the day after surgery.

I like that level on confidence from our doctor - so thanks as well from you to share your experience.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Adam, I'm praying for a positive outcome for your wife, praying for both of you.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter

We are at a making strides walk in dc today-for my wife’s mom who passed when Chris we a teenager and a friend who we walk with she is a cancer survivor. I’m even wearing a shirt with a pink flag!

Return to “Topic Bucket”