Banned

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Banned

Post by mikld »

Well, I have been banned from the Ruger Forum :o . Unfortunately I was arguing (trying to discuss) a couple facts with the Forum Guru. I got a message that I was banned because I "can't deal with reality", one of a couple insults tossed my way. What happened was I challenged the Omnipotent One's assertion on two items; the term "45 Long Colt" and "hard cast". I posted that the only folks using the "Long Colt" were new shooters and ammunition manufacturers and the term is not recognized by SAAMI and does not appear in any of my reloading manuals and that "hard cast was primarily used by commercial casters. We had this discussion for couple weeks and "Mr. Gunsmith/reloader/all things firearms expert" could not give a factual answer (just some history "lessons" from 120 years ago and what someone said 80 years ago.

So, excuse me for a post not Lee related, I'm just disappointed (and reminded what a little power can do to a little mind). The Ruger forum is an OK forum, basically for new reloaders that will believe a "who said" and if you want to follow an old retired gunsmith, gun "historian", expert. But don't challenge the "Most High Iowegan"...

BTW, I have never seen any such actions by those that work for this forum, moderators, in the years I have been allowed to attend. I haven't even had a questionable discussion with anybody here!... :lol:

If this doesn't fit the Topic Bucket format, jes toss it, please...
larryw
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Banned

Post by larryw »

Mikld, good to see you & glad you are with us.
I have had a few discussions with omnipotent, keyboard commandos in the past, some
actually pretty funny, others just power drunk, both IMHO, very dangerous?
Anyway, Sorry to hear the news, I say good riddance, glad your with us here at the
always super, Lee Loader. Take care & be safe..
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Okay, now I'm gonna just have ta' go over there and look about. I second the welcome here. I've seen your "signature" on a few forums I've visited. There does seem to be one or two fella's per forum that fit your description, and not sucking up but you won't find that here. I've always figured if a guy has to TELL you how great he is then he probably ain't worth knowin' ....... +corn
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

"I am Mr. Humble, you are honored to meet me, I know, I am so humble - let ME tell you how humble I am."

Sometimes it is best to just walk away. Don't take it too personally. I walked away form a Glock forum a few years ago for similar reasons. I am glad we are allowed to be here. Keep smiling man.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

I have left all forums except this one. Nobody need worry about being trolled here. Those who consider themselves "Experts" usually have the most tender ego's. It is their fragility that makes them both aggressive and defensive. Admitting error is just too painful.

FWIW I agree with you on the 45 Colt common error of inserting "Long". No "Short 45 Colt" was made so why add "Long"" to differentiate.
mikld

Post by mikld »

Wow, thanks for the support fellers! Every forum has it's own personality, and many forums have one or two of those "set in their ways and everybody else is wrong" members. I'm normally not argumentative, but some times I have called out some BS. One forum a member was complaining about his powder measure, because he didn't check his powder charges for over 200 rounds he would have to pull a bunch of reloads. I mentioned how dangerous, and sloppy his methods were and recommended to new reloaders to ignore his posts. I got a warning, a "slap on the wrist", from the moderators. No cussing, no name calling, just pointed out a sloppy, dangerous practice...

But I usually just come back here for unbiased information presented in a friendly manner, even when some Lee Hater appears... :lol:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm glad all of you are here!

Recently, I think horseman said it best.

Although with some of the [snip] claims I read I get a mental picture of a fat kid sitting at his computer eating twinkies and drinking Red Bull and telling everyone he bench presses 350lbs, 3 sets at 10 reps.

:roll:

But I'm rooting for you
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Good stuff, I would say it's meant to be. Glad the forum has great people that make it so. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
JohnnyEnfield
Supporter
Supporter

Post by JohnnyEnfield »

Good people and good moderating = a good experience. Everyone on here is pleasant and helpful and not trying to show how cool they are or that they know everything. Part of being intelligent is realizing you are always learning. Also, usually if I pay attention, I can learn something from anyone. I love to read and have learned many things by reading, so I have the knowledge, but not the experience. When I find people with knowledge and experience I listen and learn. I have taught my children to be that way as well as being civil to others. Lastly, Ranch Dog sets the tone and keeps it classy. I love this place. From day one, when I read the rules, I said "Hallelujah" . Lee-loader has been better than I could have hoped. Thanks Ranch Dog, and thanks to all of you.
Reduce, reuse, recycle, means- resize, reload, recycle.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Which moderator was it? PM me if you don't wanna call him out. I log in there every morning to look at the 8-12 new posts in the classifieds area. I stopped looking at anything topical there likely around the SH shooting because so many ding dongs out there think that ALL people that like firearms HAVE TO talk politics (cough Marlin Owners forum cough Is THE worst cough in that way cough) on a gun forum.

I got a week off from MOF once because a moderator completely botched semantically a statement I made, putting words in my mouth that were 180* opposite from reality, and he got his panties all wadded up when I did not EDIT or explain what I wrote (HIS mistake not mine).

Then again I have been a forum moderator before on a fairly large (at the time anyway, now obsolete) forum. It can be a full time job for ZERO pay if the inmates are of the less desirable ilk. It was GM dealer and corporate access only and I was de-modded for editing a completely faulty poll started by a Detroit engineer.....edited his poll with corrections and without asking. :) He was not happy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Topic Bucket”