Discontinued Bullets

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Discontinued Bullets

Post by Macd »

I made up my last batch of 30-06 using the now discontinued Hornady 190 grain BTSP a couple of weeks ago for a friend. Of the older Interlock design it has been replaced by more modern designs. The current offering in that weight is the 190 Sub-X, which has a better BC. I found the 190 Interlock to be one of the best and most reliable killers of moose.

While passing over the box of cartridges to my friend I thought about some of the other bullets that are no longer available, the Sierra 180 SBT Game King comes to mind. Anyone else nostalgic about the old style bullets?
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Discontinued Bullets

Post by AlaskanGuy »

there was a solid core winchester bullet called failsafe that I just loved for my 375 h&h on moose and bears.
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

The Sierra 85 grain hollow point in 6.5mm. I think I got the last two boxes out of the warehouse earlier this spring. It was my go to varmint bullet in whichever 6.5 I felt like putting in.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

For Texas big game hunting, the Hornady Interlocks and the Remington Core-Lokts.

Duck Creek Sporting Goods is a retailer for a distributor with enough stroke to order runs of these discontinued Remington bullets. So, last year prior to our presidential election, I bought a truck load of them for the 25-20 Win through the 35 Rem. I bought enough of my favorites to see me to the end.
Michael
reloader762
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by reloader762 »

Back in the day when I used to shoot jacketed bullets in my Ruger BH in 357 Mag. one of my favorite bullets was the Speer 146 gr. Half Jacket HP. I was lucky enough a few years ago to find a box in a second hand box at a local gun store for like $8.

I think I will load them up at some point and put them in the rainy day ammo stash. It will give me a reason to use up the last of that H110 power.

44 caliber non HP version for reference.
The Reloaders Network discord Channel
https://discord.gg/Nafuzht
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have several boxes of these bullets, but for the 41 Mag. They are old enough to be cardboard boxes with metal reinforced corners.
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”