Generally "Whatcha doing today" or this week ....?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Generally "Whatcha doing today" or this week ....?

Post by larryw »

Sounds like the day went seriously south on 'ya since this morning??
Heck man, blast those holes, then just use a fatter post??? :lol:
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Well I did have a couple of birthdays for these 2 really cute girls last week .
I guess I didn't get any pictures ...... Take my word for the 10&12 yo grand daughters are cute .

Today was a better day . The boss lady says I'm too smart and the other guys feel like I'm going to put them out of jobs .....pfft yeah okay . It's not that I'm so smart it's that I've done a lot of things wrong and had to do them twice so I avoid doing that anymore . I'm gaining on the task list Monday I should be all done with last Wednesdays list .

Going to go mow Mom's tomorrow and hopefully get the PT Cruiser going or get a parts list . Have to look inside the engine of her Explorer and see if it's a weekender or scrap metal .

I'm so ready for some casting therapy .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
GRV01
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by GRV01 »

Just finished AVIATION ORDNANCEMAN DIFFERENCE TRAINING at NATTC Pensacola and am now on leave, but couldnt go home :( im in Tucson staying on Davis-Monthan AFB taking care of all the stuff i had left here 2 years ago when i was briefly in CBP.

Picked up me and wifey's Rossi 92s and her Chiappa Rhino and some stuff in a storage unit (including all my reloading gear!) to send back home so she can take the guns to her parents place for safekeeping while we're in Japan.

Wednesday flying to San Diego to report to my command, USS AMERICA LHA-6. Wish me luck!
No thin chicks
Currently reloading .357 Magnum and .38 Special
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Good luck on your new.posting. She looks like a fine ship. Wishing you calm seas and fair winds.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good luck, God speed, and thank you for your service!

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

My favorite, I can see this at my ranch, mounted on a 60' tower, for hog control.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Had a sister in-law that spent most of her USN career in Japan . She enjoyed the time a lot . 3 stations I think .

Following others , Fair winds and following seas , thank you for your service .

Mowed Mom's place yesterday . It's about a month behind so foot deep grass over about 2 acres . All of the mowing pushed a Cottonmouth across her pond . Ms got so busy watching it swim she forgot to reduce it to fish food or BBQ .
Broke one of the mowers fortunately there was a project mower with suitable parts . Anybody know anything about Troybuilt power steering in the little mowers ? The Troybuilt is the project mower .

I guess I'll be loading some some 45 shot shells soon , I did some several years ago I have notes here somewhere . Maybe just really short 410s this go around .
GRV01
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by GRV01 »

Gotta love this community, thanks all
Ranch Dog wrote:Good luck, God speed, and thank you for your service!

[... 560,340]https://.../L8ZTaj0pD9k[/BBvideo]

My favorite, I can see this at my ranch, mounted on a 60' tower, for hog control.

[... 560,340][/BBvideo]
Hah, then go out with a wet/dry vac and collect all the ground pork :D
No thin chicks
Currently reloading .357 Magnum and .38 Special
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Was cleaning out scrap bin when I got an idea to make a new rifle vice.
Rifle vice.jpg
The right arch is to allow mounting a rifle upside down to work on the bottom. Both arches are adjustable for height. The right butt stop is removable to allow for those long military surplus collectibles to extend out to the rear. The wood includes plywood, pine, maple and a piece of walnut. The walnut is from a project I finished maybe 20 years ago. No sanding and a bit rough but it functions as planned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Had pretty good days inspire of the weather .
I hate trying to fix what someone else did wrong via rework/remodel .
18 years I spent trying to bid into another job and here I am doing all of the other jobs I tried to bid into .......
This week I'm an electrician .........good grief the way things get done sometimes .
I had to move some conduit and a sub panel to accommodate updated equipment . So I taking stuff loose and tracing stuff out to see where it goes , the main panel is about a 1965 Buss fused Square D . So I've got this sub box all sorted out and I'm looking at this wall and I think to myself , " Self we could get all of the those 2 subs in one box........why is there a Buss fused box between the main and subs aren't the breakers enough ?" Well the correct answer is yes they are enough ...... Did you know that when there's no pole/meter disconnect and a sub is hot wired to the top of the bus pulling the main does absolutely nothing to prevent that cool jerk twitch dropped screwdriver spontaneous profanity burst ? Anyway I have 4 circuits in 3 rooms squared away , lights and fans that turn on when you turn on their respective switches and equally important turn off without tripping breakers or blowing up switches . Such a treat !
Today I realized that the main panel has no ground buss ......I mentioned circa 1965 , no ? So in the next day or so I'll be fishing all of the ground returns out to hook to a bonded add on bus and pull that to the new generator panel for a real correct ground back to earth via the lines back to the duplex single meter .

I have to take it easy tommorow I have a date for the Daddy-Daughter dance tomorrow night .
I gotta something left for Saturday so I can figure out where the fuel filter is on Mary's driver and alternately how to get at the fuel pump .......I'll probably have to drop the tank . Good thing it's only 12 gallons and under half .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great work on the electrical!
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”