Lee Dipper Set Storage Rack Ideas

All black, red, and yellow Powder Measure Kits.
Rooster59
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee Dipper Set Storage Rack Ideas

Post by Rooster59 »

I'm looking for some ideas on how to store my set of dippers in some sort of rack. For now I have drilled 15 holes in a short piece of 2x4 and they sit, handle down, in the holes. It keeps them out in the open rather than a box but it leaves a lot to be desired.

So far the best idea I have come up with is to take a short section of 1x2 and cut grooves in from one edge sort of like you would to hold screwdrivers then mount the 1x2 against the back wall of my bench. The cups are all different sizes but the stems all measure about .155" to .158" in diameter. It seems like I could take my chop saw with the 1x2 on edge and cut a narrow slot in the appropriate spots to hold all of the dippers cup up, handle down, within about 13" of rack. That would keep the handle labels visible for quickly grabbing the right one.

Anybody else do something like this?

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lee Dipper Set Storage Rack Ideas

Post by Ranch Dog »

In my shop, I would be concerned about dust collecting in the cup. If building a hanging rack for them, I would include a protective edge from anything settling on them. Just an idea.
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Dipper Set Storage Rack Ideas

Post by akuser47 »

Ranch Dog wrote:In my shop, I would be concerned about dust collecting in the cup. If building a hanging rack for them, I would include a protective edge from anything settling on them. Just an idea.
+1 If you want a solid way to store them use somthing like this plano 3707-07 just as example there are many sizes and options you can write on them they keep dust out and you can hang it up out of the way.
http://www.basspro.com/Plano-Elite-Medi ... /10210362/
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “"Dippers"”