Liking the NOE Expander Plugs with Universal Case Expander

Decapping, Rifle Charging, Universal Case Expanding Die, and other utility dies.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Liking the NOE Expander Plugs with Universal Case Expander

Post by Ranch Dog »

Still working them and using them anytime there is one that fits my needs. I go ahead a them them up with a dedicated Universal Expanding Die and don't change them out as all my turret plates are setup for immediate use and I don't want to adjust anything again. I do use a fine Sharpe to mark the adjusting screw with what expander is inside.
noe_expander_plug_01.jpg
Here is a my TLC359-190-RF sitting pretty on a 35 Rem case! These plugs have pretty much eliminated any run out issues with seating fat bullets. These rounds are destined for my Rem 600 and will not see the plugs again once they are fired. I have a turret setup up specifically for that rifle that uses the Lee Collet Die set so it will handle the case neck.
noe_expander_plug_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Liking the NOE Expander Plugs with Universal Case Expand

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:Here is a my TLC359-190-RF sitting pretty on a 35 Rem case! These plugs have pretty much eliminated any run out issues with seating fat bullets. These rounds are destined for my Rem 600 and will not see the plugs again once they are fired. I have a turret setup up specifically for that rifle that uses the Lee Collet Die set so it will handle the case neck.
Speaking of which, I've always wonder why Lee made a Collet Neck Sizer Die for the 35 Rem :?: They recommend these dies for bolt action rifles because of the lack of sizing and the Rem 600 is the only bolt action production rifle that I can think of that was chambered in that cartridge but only 3,300 of them were made. I've heard it said that they were a common Mauser rebuilt choice but in a decade, I've never seen one for sale on Gunbroker.
Michael
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

RD,

I'm going to be wanting to get with you soon on buying a bunch of those expanders for various calibers of cast bullets I'm about to cast for reloading, from pistol to rifle. I really like them and their concept/value vs. performance curve, but I haven't purchased many.

I also have a Dillon powder measure with a custom made Lyman M-die style "powder funnel" installed for loading .38/.357. It's great for cast and the large measure really does well when you're loading a massive amount of cartridges.

While I'm not at all a Dillon fan, I do like some of their products and if I pick them up used, I tend to keep them, but they are NOT the be all and end all people claim they are. If they were, I would still have my first progressive, a 550. But I absolutely hated that thing, never mind it was defective out of the box.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

DaveInGA wrote:RD,

I'm going to be wanting to get with you soon on buying a bunch of those expanders for various calibers of cast bullets I'm about to cast for reloading, from pistol to rifle. I really like them and their concept/value vs. performance curve, but I haven't purchased many.
Rifle expanders

Pistol expanders

Powder thru expanders
Last edited by 62chevy on 14 Sep 2018 06:28, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Corrected url links
Je suis Charlie
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

I think every brand of progressive loader made has it's own set of problems. But who cares.... because we all know loading your own ammo is fun, even with the problems.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by DaveInGA »

Steve wrote:I think every brand of progressive loader made has it's own set of problems. But who cares.... because we all know loading your own ammo is fun, even with the problems.
You know, looking back, that 550 was the only press I did not have fun with and it's the only press I never did like and didn't miss when I got rid of it. Every single other press I had I liked and some of them, I really enjoyed.

Return to “Utility”