What caliber for my AR is loadable on my Loadmaster

50 BMG, Collet, and steel reloading dies plus the Factory Crimp Dies. Also, discussions concerning the Deluxe, Pacesetter, and RGB die sets.
schrödinger's cat
My Press Choice: Progressive

What caliber for my AR is loadable on my Loadmaster

Post by schrödinger's cat »

I bought a stripped lower and am starting to think of my build. (I don't want 223 or5.56) I want to be able to load on my Loadmaster, what are it's limits ? Can I load 300 BLK ? 6.5 , 6.8 , 7.62 ?
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: What caliber for my AR is loadable on my Loadmaster

Post by Steve »

schrödinger's cat wrote:I bought a stripped lower and am starting to think of my build. (I don't want 223 or5.56) I want to be able to load on my Loadmaster, what are it's limits ? Can I load 300 BLK ? 6.5 , 6.8 , 7.62 ?
I load 30-06 on mine, but not fully progressive. If the case feeder was left off I would say anything 30-06 and under could be loaded on it if they were FL sized prier to going on the Loadmaster.

I think FL sizing something like the 30-06 case would beat the Loadmaster to death. I did that to a couple Lee Turret presses. I did get parts to repair the presses.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I bought the Lee Breech Lock Challenger just for full length sizing. But have used it for decapping too.
Je suis Charlie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I'm going to go with all of the popular AR 15 cartridges that will share a 9mm ,40 or 45 ACP plate. Keeping in mind that will vary depending on how much you have to or want to size. It's not going to be any fun at all if you are trying to mash 223 Wylde back down the 223 Rem in a small base die set. At the other end any of the 450s or 500s will be no more trouble than 44 mag or 45/454 . 7.62 x 39 shouldn't be any problem. 6.8 Rem might be troublesome depending on the particular source of the bbl and actual sizing required because it is so straight walled . If you choose to neck only , so far I can do an 80% size , it should be a breeze .

80% leaves a minor step at the neck shoulder unsized it seems to help accuracy and repeatability.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Steve

Post by Steve »

RBHarter wrote:I'm going to go with all of the popular AR 15 cartridges that will share a 9mm ,40 or 45 ACP plate. Keeping in mind that will vary depending on how much you have to or want to size. It's not going to be any fun at all if you are trying to mash 223 Wylde back down the 223 Rem in a small base die set. At the other end any of the 450s or 500s will be no more trouble than 44 mag or 45/454 . 7.62 x 39 shouldn't be any problem. 6.8 Rem might be troublesome depending on the particular source of the bbl and actual sizing required because it is so straight walled . If you choose to neck only , so far I can do an 80% size , it should be a breeze .

80% leaves a minor step at the neck shoulder unsized it seems to help accuracy and repeatability.
How many times have you been able to fire cases in your AR with just neck sizing them? When I was neck sizing only for an old Remington 788 in 223 (used a Lee collet neck sizing die) I had to FL size after 4 firings on a case because the bolt closed really hard.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

To be honest I don't know. I have about 30 cases on their 3rd to 5th cycle in the 6.8 with no issues. It is the seating depth that causes me a little trouble with the 1st round ,fed from the mag no problem.
Another point is that I am shooting cast and the real high stepping loads are only pushing into the low 50s in a cartridge that runs upwards of 65,000 psi. I'm not going to complain about 2200 fps in a 16" bbl for a 130 gr bullet even if it only goes 2" at 100. Cast are wonderful things .

I would like to be able to send away for a die set that would only scuff the OD of the case , size the neck only a couple of. 001 and bump the shoulder about the same . Then I think do I really want BR dies for an AR?
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
H&KFanNC

Post by H&KFanNC »

Don't forget the 25-45 Sharps. It a pretty cool round and takes nothing different from a .223 AR except for the barrel. I reload for it on my Pro 1000.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I had planned on loading 7.62x39 on one of my presses but that is on hold until I get the basic function of thing dependable enough to use.
Michael
schrödinger's cat

Post by schrödinger's cat »

I still don't have my press running yet ... but it's nice to think ahead

Return to “Rifle”