Not sure why my decapping pins are getting bent....

50 BMG, Collet, and steel reloading dies plus the Factory Crimp Dies. Also, discussions concerning the Deluxe, Pacesetter, and RGB die sets.
number1wrench
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Not sure why my decapping pins are getting bent....

Post by number1wrench »

Ranch Dog wrote:
trashysquid wrote: Thanks again, Ranch Dog, for suggesting this great tool.
You're welcome.
number1wrench wrote:When you use this tool to repair off center flash holes are the flash holes still within reasonable size or are they borderline or too large?
They look and measure like a normal .080" flash hole after the work. I think the off center hole, it is slightly off center, is really under diameter and rough. You know you are trimming something for sure.
Thank you, I will add one of these tools to my need to buy list.
jloader
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by jloader »

Other possibility may be the casing type - was that from military ammo? If so, their primer cups are crimped in the case (different ways to crimp, come are 1-4 point crimps, some are all around cup roll crimp) - those would put up a fight on the way out. I've read from a few sources that military casings should not be used for reloading for a few reasons, that being one of them.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

jloader wrote:Other possibility may be the casing type - was that from military ammo? If so, their primer cups are crimped in the case (different ways to crimp, come are 1-4 point crimps, some are all around cup roll crimp) - those would put up a fight on the way out. I've read from a few sources that military casings should not be used for reloading for a few reasons, that being one of them.

LOL Military brass is some of the best brass to get and use. I never had a problem getting primers out of crimped cases, yes they come out a tad harder but all you need is a tool like this.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/13561 ... multi-tool

Or like this.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/21173 ... r-115-volt
Je suis Charlie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I just bought a bucket of LC 5.56 brass cheap from a friend because most people put it in higher regard.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

When I was making and loading both 7mm and 6.5 mm TCU cases I went out of my way to find LC cases. They just worked. I try to find once fired 30-06 military when I can.

Curt
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “Rifle”