Ez-X-Expanders Part II

50 BMG, Collet, and steel reloading dies plus the Factory Crimp Dies. Also, discussions concerning the Deluxe, Pacesetter, and RGB die sets.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Ez-X-Expanders Part II

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've got some shooting to do but after working in the heat all morning, I just can't do it. Instead, I've been powdering through my reloading room getting things ready for resale and organizing what is going to stay. I started a project a year & a half ago, where I purchased custom Ez-X-Expanders, for all my bottle-necked cartridges. In a nutshell, I stopped flaring case necks with this type of cartridge for oversized cast bullets or tight fitted jacketed bullets and instead use an expander that fits the bullet I'm using.

It has been a bit of a mess, keeping them in a "roll" of fabric, pulling them as I replace them.

Funny thing is that in the 18 months since I started this, hard to believe that the time has since ordering/receiving has been that long, I've stopped shooting cast in my most of my 30 calibers. Now, I only use cast with my 30-30 Wins and 7.62x39s. I do favor Speer jacketed bullets and have found brass sized with the standard Lee expander tough to balance a bullet on the case mouth. The +.001" expanders solve that.
Michael

Return to “Rifle”