Loadmaster - bullet feeding

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Louwtji
My Press Choice: Progressive

Loadmaster - bullet feeding

Post by Louwtji »

Hi all, I hope I am using the correct spots to place my posts.
Anyways, what do you guys use to feed bullets when loading on the loadmaster?
I currently feed one by one with hand, as I am struggling with the one that came with the kit (with the arm that grabs the bullet), I either break it, and im not getting it to work.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loadmaster - bullet feeding

Post by Ranch Dog »

I use the Lee bullet feeder (what came with the press) with the multi-tubes. I use the feed system with the 32 Auto, 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 38 Spl, 9mm Makarov, and the 45 Auto.

A quick question: are you using the Lee bullet seating die with the tapered mouth? If it is a Lee pistol cartridge die, you are.

Once the fingers are broken or deformed, you must toss them. The fingers usually end up in this condition from cycling the press without cartridge cases on the shell plate. When the press is not in use, I disconnect the crank They also end up beaten up if the die is not adjusted to Lee's instructions.
Lee Precision wrote:Screw the bullet seating die in until it touches the shell holder — then back it out three (3) full turns. For magnum cases, back out the bullet seating die an additional 1¾ turns
The three full turns are very important, otherwise, the finers will be pinched between the die and shell plate jamming the rotation of the plate and damaging the fingers.

Any chance you could describe how you set Station #4 up and what is exactly happening with the movement of the feeder link, crank, and bullet fingers?
Michael
Louwtji

Post by Louwtji »

Ranch Dog wrote:I use the Lee bullet feeder (what came with the press) with the multi-tubes. I use the feed system with the 32 Auto, 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 38 Spl, 9mm Makarov, and the 45 Auto.

A quick question: are you using the Lee bullet seating die with the tapered mouth? If it is a Lee pistol cartridge die, you are.

Once the fingers are broken or deformed, you must toss them. The fingers usually end up in this condition from cycling the press without cartridge cases on the shell plate. When the press is not in use, I disconnect the crank They also end up beaten up if the die is not adjusted to Lee's instructions.
Lee Precision wrote:Screw the bullet seating die in until it touches the shell holder — then back it out three (3) full turns. For magnum cases, back out the bullet seating die an additional 1¾ turns
The three full turns are very important, otherwise, the finers will be pinched between the die and shell plate jamming the rotation of the plate and damaging the fingers.

Any chance you could describe how you set Station #4 up and what is exactly happening with the movement of the feeder link, crank, and bullet fingers?
Thanks for the response, highly appreciated.

My setup is as follow:
Stage 1 - empty (i use a seperate shell holder and then a universal deprimer in stage 1, as i deprime all at once)
Stage 2 - sizing DIE without the decapping rod
Stage 3 - the disk powder dispenser
Stage 4 - the bullet seating DIE
Stage 5 - bullet crimping DIE

I loaded around 2000x9mm this weekend, and was thinking that I should get something to work for the bulletfeeding to speed up the process.

in the beginning i broke a few forks when i forgot to disconnect the fork and doing clean runs, it either bent or broke the forks.

I do use a LEE 9mm bulelt seating DIE that came with the Loadmaster kit. It just seems like when it feeds the bullet the shell plate still pushes the fork at the top and damages it
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Louwtji wrote:It just seems like when it feeds the bullet the shell plate still pushes the fork at the top and damages it
What about the pistol bullet-seating die itself. Is it set up to touch the shell plate and then three complete turns backed out?

Michael
Louwtji

Post by Louwtji »

Ill go check my setup again, but i did it all from the manuals which came with....
I just need to get my bro to 3D print me a new one and do the whole setup again.

Return to “Progressive”