Loadmaster - stuck spent primers

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Louwtji
My Press Choice: Progressive

Loadmaster - stuck spent primers

Post by Louwtji »

Hi all, do you guys also have this issue?
I was busy depriming a batch of 9mm cases, en every 50 rounds or so the shell plate would get stuck and not turn. After investigation, I noticed that some spent primers go get stuck here...once removed its flawless. Here is a pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loadmaster - stuck spent primers

Post by Ranch Dog »

Just not flowing smooth?

I don't deprime on my Load-Master; use the APP instead. I haven't deprimed on the LM for 20 years, mainly because of the debris it was leaving behind. Before, the APP used a Challenger single-stage
Michael
Louwtji

Post by Louwtji »

Ranch Dog wrote:Just not flowing smooth?

I don't deprime on my Load-Master; use the APP instead. I haven't deprimed on the LM for 20 years, mainly because of the debris it was leaving behind. Before, the APP used a Challenger single-stage
If I may ask, what is the APP? Im quite new to handgun reloading, and new with this press
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Louwtji wrote:https://leeprecision.com/app-automatic- ... -press/}If I may ask, what is the APP? Im quite new to handgun reloading, and new with this press
Lee Automatic Processing Press

It's kind of a LEGO press, capable of a lot of different batch processes.
Michael
Louwtji

Post by Louwtji »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Louwtji wrote:https://leeprecision.com/app-automatic- ... -press/}If I may ask, what is the APP? Im quite new to handgun reloading, and new with this press
Lee Automatic Processing Press

It's kind of a LEGO press, capable of a lot of different batch processes.
Ahhh ok thats cool, seems like it can work quite fast. Doesnt it defeat the purpouse of the progressive press which can do it all?

Again, im new to this and love seeing how everyone is working. That extra press will work awesome as a depriming station, my space just wont allow it at the moment.

So need to figure out why those primers of mine go get stuck there
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Louwtji wrote:Ahhh ok thats cool, seems like it can work quite fast. Doesnt it defeat the purpouse of the progressive press which can do it all?[/url]
I don't think so. I use mine for strickly loading. I seat primers and everything else but believe that the press must be clean to function as it should. When I start on the L-M all my brass is prepped like new. I've done no reloading for a year now due to a move and lack of range time, but my four LMs ran very well and the brass had a lot to do with it.
Louwtji wrote:...That extra press will work awesome as a depriming station, my space just wont allow it at the moment.
I understand and my new situation will require more bench sharing. I use the Lee bench plates and swap the presses out.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Perhaps they're not being pushed out of the case quite enough. Try extending the de priming pin out of the die a wee bit more and see if that helps. Also make sure the end of the de priming pin isn't to pointed it could be piercing the primer and pulling it back up towards the case and hanging up or not completely removing it from the case. Just a thought.....
Louwtji

Post by Louwtji »

horseman wrote:Perhaps they're not being pushed out of the case quite enough. Try extending the de priming pin out of the die a wee bit more and see if that helps. Also make sure the end of the de priming pin isn't to pointed it could be piercing the primer and pulling it back up towards the case and hanging up or not completely removing it from the case. Just a thought.....
Thanks for the advice, i will have a look at that as well. I am not using the LEE sizing DIE with decapping rod. The decapping pin broke while i was still new (actually am still new) with the use of the loadmaster. had a case going through with those military primer holes. I am now using a Redding universal depriming DIE in station 1. only way to get the decapping pin to go deeper is then to set that DIE lower. I will try that aswell, have another 1000 cases to deprime this coming weekend.

Return to “Progressive”