Pro 4000

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Rogue47
My Press Choice: Progressive

Pro 4000

Post by Rogue47 »

I hope I’m allowed to call it that, it’s written on the box.

This is my first try at a progressive reloader. I get one station right and another stops performing correctly. Is this the “fun” part? LOL. I’m loading.223, came as a kit. I’ve scanned here, so take the deprimer out of the sizer? Prime by hand and then size? I’m impressed that the powder measure works so well, as long as that little black square piece of plastic doesn’t impact the top of the channel. ;)

I’ve been trying to get it set properly for a few days now. When I start to get frustrated I just stop and try again at a later time. I’m close to having it set, I think.

Any hints?

Thanks for letting me join.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Pro 4000

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

First welcome to the party. My progressive is blue so no experience with Lee except what I read on these pages. Just to add that a progressive of any brand will decidedly test a guy's mettle. They are a joy when they work right.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Rogue47

Post by Rogue47 »

Thanks. I think I’m starting to understand how it works.

If a person goes to adjust the sizer/de~capper put a piece of tape over the hole above the ram that catches the primer. That dang de~primer falls right into the ram. (I spent 20 minutes on the floor looking for it)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! I had to look at the 4000 online and watch a video as that press is not one in my collection. It seems as though it has few adjuments. I'm pondering your question.
Rogue47 wrote: so take the deprimer out of the sizer? Prime by hand and then size?
I'm not sure I understand your question. If you take the deprimer out, on a rifle case that would be EzExpander, you are not really resizing the case as that happens on the return stroke (as the case leaves the die).

My advice would be to follow the highlighted instructions for Station #1. My experience with my four Loadmasters and a Pro 1000 is that the die adjustments have to be fine-tuned with cases in every position on the press.
Michael
Rogue47

Post by Rogue47 »

I was having trouble with the deprimer pushing out the top of the die. I dropped back and started over again with complete setup. The shell carrier was a tad loose and not lining up properly, tightened that as well as the deprimer seems to have been the key there.

I’m slowly getting the hang of it. Nothing is ever as quick and easy as I think it’s going to be. It’s still quicker than a single stage press.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Rogue47 wrote:I was having trouble with the deprimer pushing out the top of the die.
Tighten the nut on the top of the die. Use a back up wrench on the die body.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Rogue47

Post by Rogue47 »

Understood. Thanks!

Return to “Progressive”