Loadmaster story of the day

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Loadmaster story of the day

Post by GasGuzzler »

RD you have nearly convinced me to get an LM but seeing I got $400 for my lube sizer and accessories I had $175 in, I might not wanna buy right now. I found the empty box for the machine I forgot I had so I didn't ship it to the new owner yet his comment on my positive feedback after spending $400 for an antiquated machine was it was the best eBay experience he ever had.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:RD you have nearly convinced me to get an LM but seeing I got $400 for my lube sizer and accessories I had $175 in, I might not wanna buy right now. I found the empty box for the machine I forgot I had so I didn't ship it to the new owner yet his comment on my positive feedback after spending $400 for an antiquated machine was it was the best eBay experience he ever had.
I just sold my MEC 600 Jr. Slugger. I had it listed off and on for over a year, but now was the right time. I still didn't get to my Lyman 4500 as are moving Friday, too much going on.

GG, you would understand a Load-Master but probably are not shooting enough to justify one. I might be in the same fix after my move. Being you are an eBay guy, I'd wait a bit. Do not watch for a NIB press; watch for one that someone attempted to set up, a guy that throws away the box and "thinks" everything is there. That's someone ready to get rid of it.
Ranch Dog wrote:Typically, after the election buying, Load-Masters can be found for some excellent prices—people who thought it looked like a good deal but never thought the component issues through.
I think many of the Load-Masters bought during the pre to post-election years, about 18 months before to six months after an election, are bought by new reloaders and don't realize what they are getting into. I would bet that most are bought as a first press by someone who has not loaded a single cartridge and this does not work out. Most cannot learn the basics of reloading with a Load-Master. I'm talking about all the small adjustments that you learn to make as you learn to reload. It is tough to see or feel the small adjustments needed by a cartridge as it passes through a progressive. They do not plug and play, and they do take a certain level of mechanical aptitude. I don't know how to say it other than they aren't for everyone.
Michael
BrianT
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by BrianT »

Ranch Dog, I was just telling a friend of mine a few days ago, I love shooting, and I love reloading, and the little things that happen out of the ordinary, while reloading, can be frustrating at times, but the puzzle is half the fun!
sonic306090
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by sonic306090 »

Exactly how I feel about reloading! Nicely worded:)
Thank you for any advice!
Mark 9mm

Return to “Progressive”