Loadmaster shellplate issue?

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
BrianT
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Loadmaster shellplate issue?

Post by BrianT »

Anyone ever have an issue, where the shellplate indexes fine with 4 of the slots, but almost always catches, does not index smoothly, on the same slot, every 5th pull?
This is my 11L .44 Spcl/Mag shellplate. Every 5th time I go to push the indexing rod in, always the same location on the shellplate, the rod wants to stick, and I have to almost tap it, for the plate to index correctly.
The other 4 times in the cycle, it indexes great.
I threw my .357 shellplate on for comparison, and it indexes smoothly on every pull.
killian6pk
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Loadmaster shellplate issue?

Post by killian6pk »

Clean the plate on the bottom, look for buggered up area where the indexing rod hit the shell plate. If that is not the problem then you might want to take some 600 or 800 grit wet dry sandpaper and polish the underside of the shell plate. Lube, there are plenty of video on youtube showing how. If none of those fixes it just by a new shell plate, they are cheap. Titan Reloading or Midway will probably have them.

Return to “Progressive”