Improved case feeder mod

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Improved case feeder mod

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

The first mod using the plastic tube it would prove to be too delicate and did not hold up well. It did prove the concept would work..

I replace the plastic tube with a 3/8 in section of rubber tube cut off the bottom of one of the primer catchers. Didn't care about 3/8 in of that primer tube collector so I don't think it hurt. I replaced the foam skirt with a section of flat nylon shoelace that I just had hanging around. The shoelace was then glued to the rubber tube with shoe glue that I had around the house which is flexible and tough.

The rubber tube is just small enough that it had to be stretched over the feeder tube of the case feeder. It has plenty of friction holds itself in place. I did a quick test and trim the skirt a little shorter to allow the cases to slide underneath without tipping over.

Pics of the silly thing or below but it works.

On edit just ran this tray of 38 Special without a mishap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Improved case feeder mod

Last update I'm doing on this thread but the second tray of 50 38 Special 1 24 grain coated lead was loaded in about 10 minutes with no mishaps so I'm happy with the mob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Glad it all worked out for you. I've not had any problems with my case feeders but all I've ran through the APP press thus far are 9mm and 45 acp.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

horseman wrote:Glad it all worked out for you. I've not had any problems with my case feeders but all I've ran through the APP press thus far are 9mm and 45 acp.
Glad the appt is working for you. . I'm using the breech lock Pro
Cdog
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Cdog »

If I can get the case feeder to reliably deliver an upright case to the shell plate the BLP would rate as an awesome value. As is, I gave up on the penny adjustment and brought it all the way out. So far, as long as I take it fairly slow it works good, not great but a lot better than it does nearer the press.

The spring flexing and divoting of the plastic feed ramp can't be helping.

Come on Lee, upgrade this a bit and this thing would be a real winner!
CDOG

Return to “Progressive”