Bullets stuck in the bullet feeder

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
slash
My Press Choice: Progressive

Bullets stuck in the bullet feeder

Post by slash »

Hi

I have a simple problem, the 9mm bullets I'm using have a small edge around the rear, so when I fill the bullet feeder tube, the weight of all the bullets prevent the finger to grab the last one, cause the tip is stuck under the edge of the other one with the weight of all the bullets over it
20190308_15403.jpg
I'm solving putting only 3 or 4 bullets in the tube so there's no weight and the finger can pull the bullet, the flat rear bullets are not an option cause the ones I'm using are a lot lot lot cheaper

any ideas to solve this?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Bullets stuck in the bullet feeder

Post by Ranch Dog »

There might not be a resolve to overcome that distinctive lip on the base. I had a problem of light cast bullets on my 32 Auto press not flowing, and additional weight was the fix via a steel rod down the tube. This would be the opposite though.

Maybe sacrifice a tube, cut off what equals the 3 or 4 bullets and keep it full.
Michael

Return to “Progressive”