Newer Member introduction

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
kmw1954
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Newer Member introduction

Post by kmw1954 »

Sure enough, as I stated I have been using my Pro1000 a few years now and have shell plates for; #1, #2, #4 and #19. I have 2 carriers, both large and small primer chutes and anvil pins. 1 Auto drum measure and 3 Auto Disk measures, 5 turrets.

So with all this tooling why would I need to buy another complete Pro1000 just to update the press? Yes I will be watching ebay for a discarded used one

Or as a question that may be asked, is the new Value Press which can be purchased for about $90.00 be taken and modified to accept the 3 hole turret ring and then the Pro1000 shell plate carrier? They are now sharing the same base, right?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

kmw1954 wrote:Or as a question that may be asked, is the new Value Press which can be purchased for about $90.00 be taken and modified to accept the 3 hole turret ring and then the Pro1000 shell plate carrier? They are now sharing the same base, right?
That is an interesting question. Have you sent a message petitioning for the bare bone Pro 1000? I think they are missing a potential among a segment of their fans.
Michael
kmw1954

Post by kmw1954 »

I did, and the response I got back was that basically they are not interested in changing their marketing schedule.
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AlaskanGuy »

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Alaska.

I like the 4 hole press myself.. I like to use the lee universal decapper for all my recapping stuff, and basically remove the pins from most of my dies. I think the universal is just sturdier, and I have several pins for the universal in case something happens to it.. lots easier them having spare’s for every different die. So the 4 hole classic turret is my ticket...

AG
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
larryw
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Welcome 1954, great place with great people here, & the knowledge & experience is crazy.
I also really like my Pro 1000, & my turret. Like Alaskaguy, I use the universal deprimer die,
& remove the pins from all the sizing dies. Good luck & keep us posted.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “Progressive”