Auto Breech Lock Pro Case Slider Spring Holder Slipping-Fix

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
EdgeOfEden
My Press Choice: Progressive

Auto Breech Lock Pro Case Slider Spring Holder Slipping-Fix

Post by EdgeOfEden »

Member jrhmem01 asked me to post this problem that he had with his Auto Breech Lock Pro. He is super swamped, but still wanted the group to know the problem and Lee's Fix.

Problem: The case slider spring holder (spring attach) would spin on the right front post under the tool head.
ABLPro.jpg
ABLPro Spring Attach.jpg
Solution: Lee emailed the following: "We have updated the column on the front of the press to include knurling so the Spring Holder doesn't spin any longer. We are sending you (1)PR3465-B oxide column with knurling at no charge."

The upper column displayed is knurled. The spring attach is pushed over the knurled end.
ABLPro Column_Knurled.jpg
jrhmem01 said he installed the new column and it went together easily and is now working great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto Breech Lock Pro Case Slider Spring Holder Slipping-

Post by Ranch Dog »

Growing pains! Thanks for the post!
Michael
EdgeOfEden

Post by EdgeOfEden »

Ranch Dog wrote:Growing pains!
Indeed!

What's amazing is that, as I've been told, Lee had the beta models tested by professional reloaders for months and apparently didn't have these issues. My guess is that once they go into mass production there are at least two factors:

1. Perhaps they are not assembled with quite the same care as the initial test models.
2. More likely, many of the first time ABLPro buyers are either first time reloaders buying their first press or first time progressive press buyers. Plastic is not near as newb safe as cast aluminum or iron.
:lol:
PBaholic

Post by PBaholic »

Actually the testers screwed the 1st station die down further, and had the Spring Attach pawl captured behind the die, so it couldn't move.

I was an early buyer of this press, and do not prime on the press, so I was using the 1st station for powder, and had a problem right away.

I use the RCBS Lock-Out die in the 2nd station for powder checking.

Return to “Progressive”