Primer Spring for Six Pack Pro 6000

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
SwiftyG
My Press Choice: Turret

Primer Spring for Six Pack Pro 6000

Post by SwiftyG »

IMG_20230124_121044400.jpg
During my recent setup and initial testing of my new 6000, the primer spring ended up coming off and then got squished in the press and bent. I called Lee and they're sending me one out along with some other replacement parts (free + free shipping).

Patience isn't one of my strong suits so while I was out running some errands I stopped off at the local ACE Hardware store to see if they might have some springs that would work. They have an awesome hardware and fasteners isle. I was expecting to find a bin/drawer somewhere with springs in it. Well, I didn't find that, but as I'm walking the isle I look up and see these "plate hangers". And one size was using what looked like was the identical size spring to the primer spring on the press. It came with 2 springs.

I picked it up for $5.99 and got it home. I had to use my needle nose pliers to bend the ends to work, but once installed, it worked like a charm. So if you do need a spring and have an ACE Hardware close by, look for this plate hanger kit. Item # is 10204.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Primer Spring for Six Pack Pro 6000

Post by farmerjim »

Thanks for the great find.
Irritant
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Primer Spring for Six Pack Pro 6000

Post by Irritant »

It is a very unusual design. Wish I had come up with it. A spring being used to push and pull. I have a 6000 and just getting used to it.

Return to “Progressive”