New die configuration Auto breech lock Pro

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

New die configuration Auto breech lock Pro

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

After resizing and priming on my new Challenger press all the new brass for 357 that I had changing back over to my auto breech lock Pro Progressive was quick and easy with the mount plate. . I had 75 rounds of new brass left and they're all prepped and primed. I wanted to set up the dies so there was a vacant spot for a bullet feeding die.

I move the flaring and powder drop to the first position directly over the cam and ran a test round no problems at all. Actually with sizing and priming on the Challenger the flaring in powder drop die being directly over the cam makes a lot of sense. Of the functions being left to my Progressive that seems to me to be the most load-bearing. I've included a photo and you can clearly see the empty spot just waiting or my decision on which bullet feeding dye solution I choose.

Looking forward to running through the 75 rounds without concern about priming for having them pop out on the floor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: New die configuration Auto breech lock Pro

Post by GasGuzzler »

Probably doesn't help but I have an extra NEW Lee collator (90667) I don't need.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

GasGuzzler wrote:Probably doesn't help but I have an extra NEW Lee collator (90667) I don't need.
Thanks but no need. . I have a collator on my brass feed and I think I'm going to go with the Mr bullet Mini which uses 6 tube cartridges.
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
James Hensler

Post by James Hensler »

I use the Hornady bullet Feeder and it works perfectly with the ABL
PBaholic

Post by PBaholic »

I don't do brass on the press, so I also switched to powder drop on the 1st stage. That gave me room for an RCBS Lock-Out die in stage 2, and now I NEVER have a squib or double load. They're about $50, but worth every penny.
RCWarjet

Post by RCWarjet »

Shooterrick2020 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Probably doesn't help but I have an extra NEW Lee collator (90667) I don't need.
Thanks but no need. . I have a collator on my brass feed and I think I'm going to go with the Mr bullet Mini which uses 6 tube cartridges.
Good choice! I have the MBR, Lee, Hornady, and RCBS feeder systems and the MBR is by far the best with no hiccups and easy to set up.

Return to “Progressive”