I'm All In ~ App Press Deluxe

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: I'm All In ~ App Press Deluxe

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Kaiser wrote:Does the new press offer any other method of lubing the cast bullets being resized than using ALOX? I too have a Lyman 450 seldom used and am intrigued by the convenience and speed of the new App Press. Thanks
I would think any of the liquid concoctions would work as lube to get the sizing done. I really liked the one that used the J&J liquid floor wax and LLA, but J&J dropped the wax from their line. Some guys swear bt LLA, Johnson paste was and mineral spirits they say it coats better and is less messy.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Kaiser wrote:Does the new press offer any other method of lubing the cast bullets being resized than using ALOX? I too have a Lyman 450 seldom used and am intrigued by the convenience and speed of the new App Press. Thanks
The press has no lubing possibilities, just bullet sizing. I waffled about switching to powder coating, I wish it would have been available, and I had changed to it 20 years ago.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

My FIL switched his industrial line from liquid to powder in the early 1990's. He had been doing liquid for manufacturing since the '70's. Eastwood began offering home powder applications in the late 1990's if memory serves. Took a while for it to shake down to us I guess. I make so few bullets any more I cannot justify the equipment or the space. Some day when I retire I guess I could.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AlaskanGuy »

i kinda like the prep stuff... lol.. what can I say. it appeals to my wierdo nature I think.
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

From Titan's Reloading newsletter today...
Titan Reloading wrote:Many of you have the new Lee Deluxe APP Press on back-order with us. We have received one pallet of these about a week ago and many more are on back-order with Lee Precision. We will be getting these very soon and we will ship them in the order the orders were placed. We have an APP Press set up in our showroom and really like it. We are planning to make some videos in the near future.
Michael
Tom Myers

Post by Tom Myers »

On November 29, I place my order for the APP along with a bench plate and the Primer Pocket Swage Kit.
I just received this email from Titan:

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Shipped

A few minutes ago I placed an order for an additional 4 Spline Lock Breech Block Bushings and a #3 X-Press shell holder for 30-30 brass.

I have been in a reloading holding pattern for the last couple of months, not wanting to start anything until all my brass has been primer pocket prepped. In three or four days,

It appears that the N.O.E. Bullet sizer bushings can be adapted to work in the APP and I already have some of the Breech Lock Bullet sizers in the calibers needed so I should be up and running again soon.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good deal Tom, my press is being held up by the swagging kit. It's not in stock yet.
Michael
Tom Myers

Post by Tom Myers »

Michael,
I ordered mine with the swaging tool on Nov 29.
If your order was placed around that time, you will probably be getting it soon.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Tom Myers wrote:Michael,
I ordered mine with the swaging tool on Nov 29.
If your order was placed around that time, you will probably be getting it soon.
A month later, on Dec 29. I'm in no rush, I'm trying to clean my reloading room out to make room.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My APP has been shipped from Titan along with all the tools!
Michael

Return to “APP”