lee auto drum mod

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
chet
My Press Choice: Progressive

lee auto drum mod

Post by chet »

i made a change to the loadmaster with the new auto drum, i will call it the autodrum stabilizer, it works slick and i get much better powder charge drops, less variations in the drop, first off you will need is a 6 inch long lamp pipe, they are 1/8" pipe thread on the ends, only one end needs to be threaded, i happened to have a 1/8" pipe die, what i did was add more threads about 3/4 long. install a jam nut, this only works if you are using the full size die without the decapper in station number 2, install rod in the top of the full size die a few turns and lock the jam nut, the then cut a pc of hard packagig foam about 3/4" thick, cut a 1/2 radius in the foam and make it match the drum area just below the fill container, and i drilled a hole in the foam to fit the pipe about 1 3/8" centers, insert the foam over the pipe down to the area below the fill container and put a wire tie around it, tighten enough when you operate the powder measure there is no movement, this eliminates the terrible sloppy wobble when you are loading, hope you understand what i did, 100% improvement.

chet

ps see my lee bullet seating die mod in the reloading dies rifle section
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Progressive”