Depriming without using the lever prime arm

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
fullagofast
My Press Choice: Turret

Depriming without using the lever prime arm

Post by fullagofast »

Does anyone have a trick to depriming on my breech lock single stage and not using the lever prime tool? If I don't use it, the primer doesn't go down the waste tube but out onto the floor. I am not a fan of that arm since I have times where the primer cup tries to hang up on the brass pocket, making it hard to remove from the shell holder.

Thanks
Dave
number1wrench
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Depriming without using the lever prime arm

Post by number1wrench »

fullagofast wrote:Does anyone have a trick to depriming on my breech lock single stage and not using the lever prime tool? If I don't use it, the primer doesn't go down the waste tube but out onto the floor. I am not a fan of that arm since I have times where the primer cup tries to hang up on the brass pocket, making it hard to remove from the shell holder. Thanks Dave
I saw a post on internet just within last month of someone using 3D printer to make a fixture to fit that opening to solve the very dilemma you describe. I cannot remember where so that does you no good. Maybe another forum member knows the site. sorry I can't be of more help but there is a solution out there in cyberspace.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Look toward the end of the support forum categories. There is a sub forum for aftermarket parts. In that is s sticky with the part you are looking for. I'm on Tapatalk and it does not lend itself to adding the reference.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Someone on this site cut a piece of PVC pipe to fit the ram and cover that slot but not the ejection hole.
Je suis Charlie
number1wrench

Post by number1wrench »

Ranch Dog wrote:Look toward the end of the support forum categories. There is a sub forum for aftermarket parts. In that is s sticky with the part you are looking for. I'm on Tapatalk and it does not lend itself to adding the reference.
Thank you RD that piece from referred sticky is exactly what I had seen. Our forum pros come through again!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

I filled the slot in with epoxy putty.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:Look toward the end of the support forum categories. There is a sub forum for aftermarket parts. In that is s sticky with the part you are looking for. I'm on Tapatalk and it does not lend itself to adding the reference.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spent-Primer-De ... 417c0b274d

Unfortunately, it seems as though this product is no longer available. Please let me know if it is found through any other source.
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

@ Michael:
Didn't you buy one of these?

If so, please make a sketch and send it to me, I work with CAD and a friend of mine has a 3D printer...
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
mikld

Post by mikld »

If I understand correctly, the priming arm must be in the ram to divert used primers out the side of the ram? My turret does this. I removed the priming tool from the ram and polished up both sides using crocus cloth and oil on a flat surface. This makes the priming arm swing freely in the slot and doesn't get in the way. I also have to keep the slot in the ram clean and the tool must be in the ram to divert used primers. If you wanted, you could wedge a piece of wooden dowel in the slot just below the primer ejection hole in the side of the ram....
motard

Post by motard »

I bet is a matter of the priming arm and not.of the press project. Mine catches 100/100 primers and those dive durectly in the tray. I suggest you to watch to the primer arm closely. Infact there are at least two different tipes. One for the BL and one for the mon BL. They are about similars but the okder style are slimmer, and they fit in the Bl (not reverse). So you couod have the wrong primers.

Return to “Single Stage”