All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Depriming without using the lever prime arm

Post by buckeye43210 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Look toward the end of the support forum categories. There is a sub forum for aftermarket parts. In that is s sticky with the part you are looking for. I'm on Tapatalk and it does not lend itself to adding the reference.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spent-Primer-De ... 417c0b274d

Unfortunately, it seems as though this product is no longer available. Please let me know if it is found through any other source.
Looks like it's been relisted here.
fullagofast
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by fullagofast »

I have ordered one of the spent primer deflectors from the guy on E-bay. I should have it this next week sometime.

To answer some other questions posed,
I don't know as a piece of pvc pipe would help other than to make the primers collect in the bottom of the ram. Maybe I am imagining it incorrectly though.

I don't want to fill the ram with epoxy so I don't lose the flexibility of using the lever prime at some point in the future.

One of the other things mentioned was I might have wrong primers. I am not using the lever prime arm for any priming. I prime off the press with an auto prime-XR. I really like the XR btw.

I will update everyone with how it works when I get it in.

Thanks for all the help and tips.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

fullagofast wrote: To answer some other questions posed,
I don't know as a piece of pvc pipe would help other than to make the primers collect in the bottom of the ram. Maybe I am imagining it incorrectly though.
I was thinking the same thing. I just leave the Lee primer feeder in the ram and keep it clean so no binding or primers hanging up on it.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:@ Michael:
Didn't you buy one of these?

If so, please make a sketch and send it to me, I work with CAD and a friend of mine has a 3D printer...
I've been really tied up with family stuff, sorry I missed this. Maybe this pictures would help. The graph paper is 1/4" grids.
spent_primer_deflector_01.jpg
spent_primer_deflector_02.jpg
spent_primer_deflector_03.jpg
In the top photo you can see where it has a hole drilled about three quarters of the way through it. You insert a straightened paper clip into it to extract it from the press.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
fullagofast

Post by fullagofast »

So I have received the little deflector and have used it. It actually works really well. The only issue is a few times where I have worked the lever a bit to hard or fast, it has actually gotten knocked out of the press (I assume this is what happened with the original lever prime arm).

It does what it is supposed to do though, all the primers went down the tube. 2 thumbs up from me.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

fullagofast wrote:So I have received the little deflector and have used it. It actually works really well. The only issue is a few times where I have worked the lever a bit to hard or fast, it has actually gotten knocked out of the press (I assume this is what happened with the original lever prime arm).
Mine would jump out once in a while until I figured out that I had it facing the wrong direction. The little pin hole should be facing out, away from the press. Don't know if that would be it or not but since correcting the orientation, I've never had it depart the ram.
Michael
fullagofast

Post by fullagofast »

Thats the way i have mine installed. I was just too herky jerky on the lever and it bounced out.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I know this iover simplified but I cut a straw to set above the cross pin the primer arm rides on and it directs the spent primers out the ejection hole just like the arm does but it is an older press . The fat "milkshake straws" stay put well and can be pushed right up to the bottom of the shell holders . It has cut down on the "run aways" on the green presses also.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Single Stage”