Cam Difference Between Classic Cast & Breech Lock

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
motard
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Cam Difference Between Classic Cast & Breech Lock

Post by motard »

Noted different feeling while using the two presses. A closer view confirmed the Breech Lock Arm is capable of a more wide opening but the old stile one feels more solid. Hope you can get the diff. from pixtures. what do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motard

Re: Cam Difference Between Classic Cast & Breech Lock

Post by motard »

Here the Bl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
number1wrench

Post by number1wrench »

motard wrote:Noted different feeling while using the two presses. A closer view confirmed the Breech Lock Arm is capable of a more wide opening but the old stile one feels more solid. Hope you can get the diff. from pixtures. what do you think?
Looking at parts list for both presses on Leeprecision website the linkage arms are the same part numbers, but the Rams are a different part number and appear to be different and obvious frames are different but can't distinguish dimension. I agree at first look they look the same except frame but there must be a reason the Rams are different. This information doesn't solve dilemma but may lead to solution. I believe either is a well built press but you may find one superior in feel of certain functions performed.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

number1wrench wrote:
motard wrote:I agree at first look they look the same except frame but there must be a reason the Rams are different.
I guess they changed the spent primer chute in the ram, as they did on the pro1000, too. Have you checked for differences there?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
motard

Post by motard »

You are right N1. The BL ram is one solid piece. The CC non BL ram has the last portion, about 2 inches, detachable (very fine thread. As far as i understand this part need to be removed if loading 50 BMG. BL does not have this feature and I suspect this because the strenght needed to reform monster brass could pop out the BL bushing. Just my idea
motard

Post by motard »

Hi Fyodor, yes also priming sistem is different. Throu the hollow ram in older stile presse, dropping in the side tray in the Bl. Seems odd but, in my experience, theybcatch 100\100 spent primers and debris both way. So not a problem for me. But these does not clarify about the changing on the leverage radious. If it did not happensa to me to have both presses side by side I would have not get it. But I feel better with the shorter ol way stile
motard

Post by motard »

Isn't this what is called cam-over? I am asking again because I don't know if it is a good or a bad factor. I understand there is at least one convenience. While applig forces to the brass, ie trimming with the thru the dies Quick Lee Sistem, you have not to hold upp the arm alla the time

Return to “Single Stage”