Lee Reloader Press a Work Horse.:-)

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee Reloader Press a Work Horse.:-)

Post by daboone »

This press is an excellent little work horse. Priming with the Lee Auto Prime II, depriming and sizing bullets. It's definitely worth the more to me than it cost.
I have mine supported by 3 3in pipe couplings directly under the bench mounting holes in the frame to keep it off the surface of the bench so the 3 mounting bolts go through the pipe couplings and through the bench and secured below the bench surface. (There are drawers under this bench that prevent just drilling a hole for spent primer to fall through.) I keep a little tin tray under this opening created by the pipe couplings to catch the primers.

The only short coming of this little press is getting all the spent primers to go into the slot in the frame. After awhile these strays jam up against the frame and ram to the point they require digging out. If any of you geniuses have a fix please post it.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
greg_r
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Reloader Press a Work Horse.:-)

Post by greg_r »

I work away from home and stay in a small apartment . I bought the Reloader press to set up an inexpensive loading station here. I simply drilled holes in the kitchen table (try doing that at home and keep the wife happy!) And mounted the press with a small jar mounted to the underside of the table to catch the primers. Works great.

I like this setup better than the hand press I bought for the same purpose. I have been impressed with this little press. I use it more than any of my others, if for no other reason than weekday evenings after work are always free! With reviews I had read I did not expect much, but in my opinion the reviews were wrong. I recently used the press to form a bunch of 223 cases to 300 blackout. No problems whatsoever!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

Well, I've personally seen a Reloader press that was bent from a "C"-shape to some morphed "J"-shape while reforming of rifle cases. It is a nice little press (I own one by myself, basically to reform military primer pockets), but it has its limits.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I would like it a lot better if it was a breach lock like my Breech Lock Challenger or the Hand Press.
Je suis Charlie
Fyodor
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

The newer hand presses have the breach lock feature. Unfortunately it can't be retrofitted without exchancing basically the whole press.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Fyodor wrote:The newer hand presses have the breach lock feature. Unfortunately it can't be retrofitted without exchancing basically the whole press.

Maybe I should have said the "new" hand press because it hasn't been that long since the change.
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I did see a post somewhere where a guy had mounted blocks under his C press so the primers fell right through the press body. There was an open cavity under the body and he just brushed them out as needed. Seems like it would work.
lead-1

Post by lead-1 »

Better late than never I guess but as said above I plan on putting my "C" press on wooden spacers with a catch tray under it. I know it's an extra step but I have been depriming and tumbling before loading on my 3 and 4 hole presses to cut down on all the gunk getting in the ram. This is the one I spotted on the net.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Single Stage”