older o ring press

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
mgbbob
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: older o ring press

Post by mgbbob »

I think I have it. We will see. I was a little concerned with the warning in an older Lee catalog about accidental primer ignition on the Auto Prime II
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

Looks like a Challenger press to me, but I only saw it from photos, so I'm not 100% sure.

LEE puts that warning everywhere, because they don't seperate the stock primers from the one actually beeing seated at the moment. So if that one goes off, all go off. On the other hand, that's the case on most other press mounted priming tools I know. Even Dillons do that once in a while.

You shouldn't seat primers without safety glasses and hearing protection, no matter what brand of tool you use.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
mikld
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

Does the press mount to a bench? Does it use 7/8-14 standard dies? I can't figger what press you're asking about from your description...
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Have a look just two posts above, he posted a picture.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

It appears you have the pre-2006 Challenger press. Here is a link for it's instructions. http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREAR ... lenger.pdf
Lee does offer some more information here: http://leeprecision.net/support/index.p ... ng-presses

This press doesn't allow for on press priming other than the ram prime or the Auto Prime II. I will say the Auto Prime II is a great priming system all be it now discontinued. If you decide to get one via ebay let me know and I'll give you some information to make it perfect.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Apart from the RCBS bushings, what else would you do in it? I got one that I don't use a lot, but I'm always willing to learn more about my tools.

mgbbob

Post by mgbbob »

Thanks for the link. I have what I think is a catalog from when I first purchased the press. It is a 2000 catalog. I used it for a while but stopped reloading due to lack of time and my son took over the operation eventually moving everything to his house. He upgraded to a progressive since he does mainly pistol ammunition. Now I am starting over. The information really helps. As far as I remember everything fits it is just lacking some of the upgrades of the newer press.
mgbbob

Post by mgbbob »

I bid on the Auto Prime II but the price is already up to $41 with 6 hours to go. I hedged my bet and ordered a ram prime. For the time being I think I can live with slow and tedious. After all, I am now retired.

Return to “Single Stage”