Single stage press for load development

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
Tim Stapp
My Press Choice: Progressive

Single stage press for load development

Post by Tim Stapp »

Are there any currentLee single stage presses without the breechlock feature? I miss my old single stage press for loading my long range (600 yd) .223 and .308 ammo.

I've shot (many years ago) MOA groups at 600 yards with loads from a Lee O-Press.

My thinking is this: any additional "quick change" option that introduced into the equation is an opportunity for play and inconsistancies to creep in. That is the last thing that you want.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Single stage press for load development

Post by RBHarter »

I can't answer that question . I can offer that I've had at least one of 5-6 other makers and there is one that is never a bad choice .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Per Lee instructions:

"Breech Lock Challenger press - Once dies are set you can instantly remove them and replace them to the exact same position. The Breech Lock includes a lock pin for initial die set up. If cost is more important than convenience, you can leave the quick lock bushing permanently installed and screw your dies in and out as in any conventional press."

"Classic Cast Press - If you do not wish to use the quick change feature, you may securely fasten the quick change bushing permanently into the hex insert in your press by using super glue or LOCTITE Threadlocker™."
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
barracudadave67
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by barracudadave67 »

I did as GasGuzzler did, and lock tighted the steel type bushing in one of the Lee "C" presses. I use it mainly for ram priming, and Factory crimp dies. I have 3 of the little "C" Presses, and find they are handy for lots of things.

Dave
Royce
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Royce »

Or you can buy a used press on eBay without that feature.

Press on eBay
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret

Return to “Single Stage”