Would you pick non-breechlock or one that has

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Would you pick non-breechlock or one that has

Post by Ranch Dog »

hodgieno3 wrote:Yep,I might go with the Classic Cast turret press,I have nothing like the 50BMG,biggest is a 45/70,tell me is a three hole turret the same size as a 4 hole turret(just have got ideas for storing them in pvc pipe)? +guns
No problem with the 45-70 Govt. My longest cartridge is the 303 British (3.070"), it goes around the merry-go-round without issue.

The difference in a three and four-hole turret, other than the turret itself, is the indexing rod. It has a slower twist.

I store my turrets in the round boxes my dies came in. I don't think Lee ships the dies in the containers anymore, but there retailers sell them and I see them on eBay dirt cheap.

Michael
hodgieno3
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by hodgieno3 »

GasGuzzler wrote:The 3 and 4 hole turrets are the same size. Somewhere here I have pictures of the rack I built to store mine but couldn't find the post in minutes of searching...
GasGuzzler
Thanks for that,I thought they would be but was not too sure about it. :)
Cheers

hodgieno3

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3,We caught them and we shot them under rule 3-0-3" : Lt Harry "Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902
hodgieno3
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hodgieno3 »

Fyodor wrote:Sorry, don't have a photo, but have seen the broken part with my own eyes. Just one crack along one side, didn't fall in two pieces. LEE did replace the one broken bushing with a new pack of two.
Must have put a lot of pressure on it or it had a flaw. Good that Lee replaced it with an extra one as well,that is just good business practice,keep the customer happy :)
Cheers

hodgieno3

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3,We caught them and we shot them under rule 3-0-3" : Lt Harry "Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902
hodgieno3
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hodgieno3 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
hodgieno3 wrote:Yep,I might go with the Classic Cast turret press,I have nothing like the 50BMG,biggest is a 45/70,tell me is a three hole turret the same size as a 4 hole turret(just have got ideas for storing them in pvc pipe)? +guns
No problem with the 45-70 Govt. My longest cartridge is the 303 British (3.070"), it goes around the merry-go-round without issue.

The difference in a three and four-hole turret, other than the turret itself, is the indexing rod. It has a slower twist.

I store my turrets in the round boxes my dies came in. I don't think Lee ships the dies in the containers anymore, but there retailers sell them and I see them on eBay dirt cheap.

RD
I have longer cartridges that I load for too,I have 303British,30/06,7.62x54R,9.3x62mm,7mm RemMag down to 310 Cadet and 44Mag,454 Casull(rifle) and a few others as well.
The idea of storing the turrets in some of the die(Lee)boxes would be good,but most of my dies and some from Lee,have flat boxes,to get them here the round die box,I would pay a bit for them,we get shafted here when it comes to stuff like you get. :( But have the idea of some storm water pvc pipe which I have on hand,would just have to get slip on caps for it.
Thanks for the help ;)
Cheers

hodgieno3

hodgieno3
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hodgieno3 »

RD
Forgot to say,I like your storage area for your dies,looks nice and organised it does :)
Cheers

hodgieno3

GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

I have the classic turret with the 4 hole turrets. Since I deprime before cleaning I seem to be using only three dies most of the time when actually loading.
hodgieno3
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hodgieno3 »

GasGuzzler wrote:Found my post. Click link ---> https://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.ph ... ack#p24107
GasGuzzler
Thanks for the link,you have a good setup there,I am liking your idea too,it is very organised. ;)
Cheers

hodgieno3

hodgieno3
Supporter
Supporter

Post by hodgieno3 »

Macd wrote:I have the classic turret with the 4 hole turrets. Since I deprime before cleaning I seem to be using only three dies most of the time when actually loading.
Macd
I deprime before cleaning as well and also reprime separately,depending on how many I am reloading for but usually in a separate station. ;)
Cheers

hodgieno3

GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Macd wrote:I have the classic turret with the 4 hole turrets. Since I deprime before cleaning I seem to be using only three dies most of the time when actually loading.
I also de-prime before cleaning so most of my 4-hole turrets have a "post seat size die" (depending on handgun or rifle) therefore using all four stations.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Single Stage”