Hand press followed me home Saturday

Easy to use and store!
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Hand press followed me home Saturday

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I've been wanting a hand press for a while. Mostly to use at the range when shooting BPCR so I can de-cap before they go in the jug with water and Dawn. Didn't need the whole kit and truthfully didn't care about the breech lock bushing one way or the other. One of the local dealers who sets up at the gun shows had just the press for a price that beat on-line with shipping so it came home with me and it's a keeper. :D

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Hand press followed me home Saturday

Post by RBHarter »

I passed on one at the last show I went to , asking was only $5 under new as a single item .
It looked like it had been used a lot or under a truck seat for 2-3 yr . I like the premise but pretty soon I'll have my bench behind the door behind my shooting bench .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Sadly my old Lee hand press has gone unused for at least 2 years. It was a loved and helpful friend for many years. I guess I'm just old and lost the interest of need to use it for reloading at the range. It'll never be sold as it's apart of my adventures and great memories.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

Great choice, I also love mine.

But decapping with it is a ***... every about 20 cases the ram is full of primers, and when you don't want the debris in your die, you need to undo that first, then the shellholder, then dump everything out, and assemble again.

I used to develop loads on the range with it. A Chrony, the hand press, a set of dippers and an hour or two on the range, and you have a great time at the range AND a good load at the end.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
mikld
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

I used mine for a few years before I got a dedicated reloading area (when I didn't want to set up my Work Mate reloading bench). Has anybody pinched their fingers while using one? I have and that smarts! I never considered reloading at the range but I did see a lot of fellers doing it and some had better temporary/portable set ups than I did at home (LA Silhouette Club Range above Los Angeles). I guess I'd just as soon make up a bunch of different loads at home and take them to the range... ;)

Return to “Hand Presses”