My LCT arrived yesterday

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
BC17A
My Press Choice: Single Stage

My LCT arrived yesterday

Post by BC17A »

Been using a Hornady progressive since I started reloading, then found myself slowing down a bit so I added a single stage to the mix. Last week I decided to combine the best of both and get a classic turret. After deciding where I wanted to mount it, I discovered it needs a 7-1/2" riser so today I'll search through my stash of scrap metal to see what I can come up with. I'll post some pics later.
BC17A

Re: My LCT arrived yesterday

Post by BC17A »

Spent the day in the shop and finished the riser mount. I left enough plate material extending from the press so I can weld on a powder measure attachment if and when the need arises. It should be solid as a rock as soon as I get some hardware. Anxious to start loading as it should fill the gap between the progressive and single stage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice work!
Michael
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Hello from a fellow Arizonan. Nice work & nice mount !! Me Likes !!
Congratulations, your gonna like that turret press. I have the value turret, & it it the slickest, smoothest little press I've ever had.. The "Only" mod, or tweak Ive done to it, is to put a small circle of the soft side of Velcro on the base under the index rod to stop the "Annoying to me" clank, works great..
I also lube the turret, top ring & ram with petroleum jelly, also works great.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
BC17A

Post by BC17A »

Thanks guys. Found some bolts in a can full that I inherited from a friend after he passed away last year, and got the Lee mounted solid. I gave it a good break-in and rolled some 500 Magnums. Wow, I never realized how nice a turret press is. This one is an absolute joy to operate. I took the indexing shaft out and love how easy it is to just click back and forth from die to die. i think I'm going to like this press even more than the progressive. I bought two extra turrets so tomorrow It's 357 and 44 Magnum time. Also, I like the fact that the entire turret with dies fits into the bullet sizing die containers for easy storage. Glad I saved them. Wife says she'll sew up a nice cover for it tonight, what a gal!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BC17A

Post by BC17A »

So I was all set to get more loading done today, then the postman delivered a package to the wrong address. By the time I finished dealing with the Postmaster (this happened many times before), I came home and decided to have a few booster shots of scotch to relax. Since I don't drink and reload I will just wait until tomorrow to continue. At least the cover got made.
cheech
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by cheech »

I did the exact same thing. I sold my Hornady LNL AP because I didn’t feel the need for a progressive press as I don’t shoot as much as I used to so I bought the LCT press and I love it. Then, the progressive bug hit me again even though I don’t really need one and I bought a Pro 4000.
BC17A

Post by BC17A »

I've been using the LCT for several more cartridges since I first posted. Last month I loaded more than a thousand rounds to take up to Wyoming with me since Arizona has a burn ban (no outdoor shooting) on until we get some rain. I now have turrets/dies for 32 magnum, 45 Colt, 223 Rem, 32 Auto, 40S&W/10mm.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

My LCT was the first press I ever got. Haven't used it in a couple years I bet but I know where it is should the want or need arise.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
larryw

Post by larryw »

cheech wrote:I did the exact same thing. I sold my Hornady LNL AP because I didn’t feel the need for a progressive press as I don’t shoot as much as I used to so I bought the LCT press and I love it. Then, the progressive bug hit me again even though I don’t really need one and I bought a Pro 4000.

Are we related??? Howdy from, Larry "Cheech" Wagner
in Sun City AZ!!! LMAO.. My wife calls my best friend & I Cheech & Chong ...So, What are your initial thoughts / observations on the 4000 ? Thanks in advance..
Take care & be safe...
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “Turret”