Lee classic turret press

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
owejia
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee classic turret press

Post by owejia »

Ordered one this morning, and 4 extra turrets. Been thinking about one for a while and just decided to expand my press stable with a turret press. Do like my Lee Precision products. :D
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee classic turret press

Post by larryw »

Congratulations & happy loading to 'ya.
Love my LCT. As slick & smooth as can be, yet built like a little tank.
Just be sure to keep the turret clean & lubbed. I followed RD's tip & use
petroleum jelly, pretty good lube & easy paper towel cleanup.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is a great press and will serve you well. I have a bunch of work scheduled for mine this week; 30-30 AI, 300 Sav, 7.62x39, 303 British, 35-30, and 35 Rem.
Michael
Ron IL
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Ron IL »

I started out on a single Lee press and finally got the Classic Turret 4 hole. It does everything I need done and don't even have to look at any other. I have three setups to drop in to change caliber and it is simple. I like it because I pick up a case and inspect it, run it through the cycle, and then look at the finished product.

Ron
Ron from Southern Illinois
Retired coal miner
Kaiser
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Kaiser »

I just ordered a Lee Classic Turret yesterday after reading all the good comments and reviews on this site! Since I have a birthday during this month, Midway gave me their discounted "birthday price". Shipping was free and the discount more than off set the in state tax I have to pay. (Their delivery times are phenomenal, as is their customer service!) I've had a 3 hole turret press (also Lee) almost since they first came out and found many time an extra station would be a plus. I'm looking forward to the "update", but will have several 3 hole turrets to trade or sell, if anyone is interested?? Thanks for all the reviews and maintenance advice.
mikld

Post by mikld »

I used a Lee Turret, old style for over 20 years. I disabled the auto index when I was first setting it up (it would index when I didn't want it to) and liked it that way, so I hand indexed for the rest of my time with it. I batch load so I didn't try "semi-progressive" with my turret and I wound up reloading 13 cartridges from 380 ACP to 30-06 and 7.62x54r. I even sized cast bullets and used a ram prime with mine...
sparkyv

Post by sparkyv »

Nice! I really want the classic turret, but I really can't find a good reason to replace my modified value 4-hole turret. I've got over 10k documented rounds on it and still using the original square ratchet. It just keeps on going and going...
μολὼν λαβέ
NRA Life Member

Return to “Turret”