Lee Load-Fast

The Load-All shot shell loader for the 12, 16, & 20 gauge.
AlaskanGuy
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee Load-Fast

Post by AlaskanGuy »

B918462B-0BFB-4A50-B5AE-8679E839365C.jpeg
ok Boys and gurls.... this is the target.... and what it looks like... now go out and find ya one.. I hear a certain mod is wiling to do a finders fee????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lee Load-Fast

Post by Ranch Dog »

The hunt is over, a Load-Fast is enroute to the ranch!
Michael
AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy »

where did you Find it?????? backstory?? and of course Pics when you get it
mikld

Post by mikld »

Interesting. Not much on goggle, some good reports and the usual Lee Haters baloney. Wondering when mfg. stopped and why?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

AlaskanGuy wrote:where did you Find it?????? backstory?? and of course Pics when you get it
I had some WTB adds on several forums and got an answer. I was asked to keep the specifics quiet as not to ruffle feathers, the press is hard to find.
mikld wrote:Interesting. Not much on goggle, some good reports and the usual Lee Haters baloney. Wondering when mfg. stopped and why?
I think the problem with the press is that if a "frog" is loaded or the press locks up, the loading sequence must stop and the press be partially disassembled to remove the hull. Those that love the press say it is easy to disassemble to the point needed and back but that seems the main objection. I suspect that the press was available before 1995. The powder references in the load data include Hercules which didn't become Alliant until 1995 (I'm still using up Unique with the Hercules label).

I've never been a trap or skeet shooter, I've done both, but didn't like spending the day doing it. I can sit in a field all day waiting for a dove but haven't done that since 2004 when I bought this place. The move from my other place took me just east of a flyway, didn't think about that at the time, and I do miss the large flights of doves that were present on my Karnes County ranch. The instructions include a list of hulls the press was designed for.

I do have large quantities of the first three hulls mentioned in the hull recommendations, so I'm sure to come up with something to shoot.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

A member here, SidecarMike started a thread here a while back on a Load Fast. Been a couple years since I've seen anything from him but he had a 12 gauge one in good condition at the time for sale. Don't know if he's still about or not. I've owned a couple of them and posted my results with them at that time.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:A member here, SidecarMike started a thread here a while back on a Load Fast. Been a couple years since I've seen anything from him but he had a 12 gauge one in good condition at the time for sale. Don't know if he's still about or not. I've owned a couple of them and posted my results with them at that time.
Topic horseman referenced: https://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.ph ... 285#p17285

Honestly, I won't load any volume of shotshells to measure its worth. I just want to see how it works and own a Lee product that is out of production. It will join my Automator, Load-All Junior, Safety Disk, and several dozen Lee Loaders; all still being used for specific reloading projects
Michael
AlaskanGuy

Post by AlaskanGuy »

bet you wish you would have snatched that one up ay RD?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It all good!
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Well ya' just made me do it RD. I contacted SidecarMike and sure enough he still had his Load Fast. It is now sitting on my bench waiting for me to disassemble and clean up a bit. It's complete and in good shape but has been stored for quite awhile I would say. Like yours, it shows a bit of wear but not a lot. Not sure what I'll do with it as I have three other presses for shot shells and I just don't do shotguns much anymore. But it is a cool piece of Lee memorabilia so I'll just enjoy it for what it is. I did cycle it and it works as intended, must watch the hull post for alignment but easy adjustment. When I get it cleaned and back together I'll give er' a whirl and give you my results with this one.

Return to “Shotgun”