Not your typical Load-All - Load All Junior

The Load-All shot shell loader for the 12, 16, & 20 gauge.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Not your typical Load-All - Load All Junior

Post by Fyodor »

Nice little press. I also never saw one in real life. But shotshell reloading isn't that common in Germany anyway.

The Load Fast I find very interesting too, didn't even know it existed.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
AlaskanGuy
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by AlaskanGuy »

i installed those same dowel setups on my loadall's.. very handy to keep track of the sizer... isnt it the exact same sizer that is on the loadall 1 and II?? if so they are available from lee.. i lost one once and they sent me one for free..

AG
Any technology, not understood, can seem like magic....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

AlaskanGuy wrote:i installed those same dowel setups on my loadall's.. very handy to keep track of the sizer... isnt it the exact same sizer that is on the loadall 1 and II?? if so they are available from lee.. i lost one once and they sent me one for free.
The Load-All and Load-All II should have the same ring, but the Junior has a very thin ring (in that the press is smaller) and it is not available anymore.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Here is an update on the Junior.

The Safety Disk isn't going to be sitting beside it. I didn't think it through; the disk cavities are designed to deliver pistol charges. Nothing near what a shotgun uses, even double disked. My charge of BlueDot is 3.65 cc. Not a problem as there is a Deluxe Perfect Powder Measure on the bench with the Junior.[hr][hr]The Junior is a neat little press that was intended to replace the Loaders at the same price point. The Loaders are work to manufacture; the Junior isn't. It's too bad that they weren't popular or offered in anything other than 12 Gauge. The one thing it does that the Loaders don't is sizing. There is a leverage limit, sizing places a lot of pressure on the synthetic tool head and base. Lubing the hull's brass, I used Imperial Wax but switched to petroleum jelly as it is easier to keep it on your fingers, made a difference in the pressure placed on the press. Still, it is a lot. I will check to see if sizing is even needed. Hardly any pressure was placed on the lever when I ran the press as a decapper.

The tool head also torques in the two crimping stages as it is a loose fit so that it can slide vertically up and down the vertical square tube. The side supported lever on the Load-All II eliminates this as much as possible, but having an uneven final crimp with one center side of the hull lower than then outside is real. It took a second to correct by placing a gas seal of appropriate height in the priming chamber to keep the press level.

With the above noted, kept in mind or corrected, I had no problems running both new and once shot hulls through the Junior.

Michael
poorman
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by poorman »

I was able buy a nos Load All Junior and can't wait to try it out this winter.
It will probably convince me to buy a 3d printer to make 20 and 410 ga conversions
larryw
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Would love to have one???
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

poorman wrote: 15 Aug 2023 19:14 I was able buy a nos Load All Junior and can't wait to try it out this winter.
It will probably convince me to buy a 3d printer to make 20 and 410 ga conversions
Would be nice if someone designed a 410 version of the Junior :-)

Return to “Shotgun”