Lee Load. All II, shot bushings 1\2, 11\16 &3\4 oz.

The Load-All shot shell loader for the 12, 16, & 20 gauge.
number1wrench
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee Load. All II, shot bushings 1\2, 11\16 &3\4 oz.

Post by number1wrench »

Loading some 29ga low recoil loads. I fussed about modifying bushings, scrounged up some likely looking inserts from ballpoint discards, super glue, nail polish works real good for small adjusts. Dremel got a bit of workout. Took my time and end result worthwhile. 11\16oz. with light load of "Unique", under shot card and then adjust as necessary for crimp. Used #9 shot. These will break clays and easy to shoot. Adults would get a good time out of a backyard shoot too. As an additional load made up some 3\4oz. loads with #7 1\2 shot with " Unique " full field loads. These pattern well with Claybuster wad in the original AA Win.hull.I think I'll refer to these as "bunny busters". I made a powder baffle for this also really helps maintain consistent powder drops. I am having a ball playing with this, I love 20ga anyway.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Lee Load. All II, shot bushings 1\2, 11\16 &3\4 oz.

Post by RBHarter »

Typo..... I thought you were playing with a full tilt 28 ga.....

I made up several boxes of 12 ga light loads for the kids coming up .......not much in the way of data for 1/2-3/4 oz load in a 12. That was what we had to work with to get them started . I did later on get a 20 ga single shot on loan from a friend the 1/2 oz trap loads were much better in it .

Off track the worst whooping I ever took was from a 410 about 2" too short seconded by those wonders (heavy sarcasm) Winchester super speed field loads . As a kid I shot a pile 29.0 Unique with an 1 1/8 of 2,5,6 and 8s for dove through geese .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
number1wrench

Re: Lee Load. All II, shot bushings 1\2, 11\16 &3\4 oz.

Post by number1wrench »

Definitely have to dig for light payload 12ga. Hodgdon data has light recoil recipes, I found Alliant Unique is a very safe powder for reduced loading. I found data on Allient's site and I believe you will find data on Claybuster wad data sheet for their low volume wads. They are fun to shoot and the kids don't seem to mind. Ballisticproducts. com on their load of the day page archives has data also and would be a good one to contact if you find an "internet" load you would you like verified.

Return to “Shotgun”