How To Empty Load-All II Powder & Shot Hoppers

The Load-All shot shell loader for the 12, 16, & 20 gauge.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

How To Empty Load-All II Powder & Shot Hoppers

Post by Ranch Dog »

The Load-All II instructions do not cover how to empty the hoppers; I understand that Gauge Conversion Kit instruction do, but I have yet to see a copy of those. I figured it out on my own some years back, and I added a little bit of an improvement to the hopper. I cringe when someone says that the press must be removed from the bench and turned upside down! Here is how I do it, I remove the powder and shot hopper.

Start by spreading the handle down near where it pivots against the carrier pins.

If you want to make it easy to empty powder and shot without making a mess, take a few minutes to drill a hole in one corner of the bushing storage box. I chose to drill the hole in storage box rather than the cover (embossed with the Lee logo) because I operate with the only the cover on the hopper and didn't want a hole in the hopper cover while the press was in use.

I used a 7/16" to drill the hole in the radius of one corner of the storage box. It is very easy to pour the powder from the hopper directly into a powder canister. Turn the cover the opposite direction, and you can empty shot into storage as well.

Here is a short video.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Michael

Return to “Shotgun”