Reloader VMD app

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
Reloader
My Press Choice: Turret

Reloader VMD app

Post by Reloader »

Found this app to be useful in picking the right auto disk for the wanted load.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Reloader VMD app

Post by daboone »

Is there an android version? I have an Iphone but I prefer to use my Kindle on the bench.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Here is the website for the app: Reloader VMD

Should be a good pocket tool but you have to remember that unless it allows the VMD in the database to be modified to the specific VMD of your powder, the accuracy of the tool is a guess.
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

I can offer you this instead:

An XLS file a friend of mine compiled some time ago. It contains all the LEE VMD data, and an additional sheet where he did add powder VMD data measured by himself. This sheet of course can be edited and extended if needed.

The original file is in German, I tried to translate it to English. Since it has a lot of formulas, and uses macros, I might have missed some lines.

Again, this is a metric file. So all decimals in the sheets are “,” (comma), you might need to change all of them into decimal points.

It was designed to find the best combination for a Double Disk Kit. So it will always calculate the two disks that are suited best. It will show one disk only, if that is the only way to measure the given charge. If a charge can be measured with two disks, it will show those, even if it was possible with one disk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Reloader

Post by Reloader »

I will always double check the loads on a scale as I have found the loads to not be exact even with the info provided by Lee. Just thought it was a neat app that I could gelt some use out of.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Thanks for the responses. I've looked at the one RD posted here a while back and of course these you gentleman suggested today. The thing of it is I just always fall back on the table in back of Modern Reloading and use it is a starting point. In reality the determined VDM from my jugs is always different from published and so adjustment is required and that works for me. I just can't help looking at these computer programs. It's like looking for new reloading tools and gadgets. It just amazes me the ingenuity occurring in our pursuit. It's come a l o n g way from my dad's homemade powder dippers. 8-)
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hey, you are right! Any tool tends to be a good tool!
Michael
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Since I only use one type of powder, and only for two calibers, I compile a small table, measuring the actual weight thrown by Evey second cavity on the disks each time I open a new can of powder. So I always know where to start, but still I measure the actual weight each time I sit down to load.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

SureshotArms

Post by SureshotArms »

I found this one to be useful
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

What I don't like about it is, that you can't add own powders or modify the data for existing ones, or your own measure cavities. That make it basically useless, because every powder batch and every cavity is a bit different. I use trailboss a lot, and this powder deviates from Lee table by a noticeable amount. I would have to recheck anyway, so I just made my own list, that I update with every new batch of powder.

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”