Phoenix AZ

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Phoenix AZ

Post by daboone »

The weather is finally turning cooler. Well cool enough in the mornings to go shooting. Fellow member, LarryW and and I are going to get together and do some plinking this week. So this is an open invitation if anyone wants to join us. It will be a week day as our favorite shooting sites are overcrowded on weekends. Don't be shy if you're interested. I'm taking some old WWII and Korean "Police Action" era guns out.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Phoenix AZ

Post by Fyodor »

Sorry I can't come over, but whoever participates, have fun! Over here I already had to shoot the first match in long duster and gloves this winter.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I really appreciate the invite but don't think I can make it.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

daboone wrote:The weather is finally turning cooler. Well cool enough in the mornings to go shooting. Fellow member, LarryW and and I are going to get together and do some plinking this week. So this is an open invitation if anyone wants to join us. It will be a week day as our favorite shooting sites are overcrowded on weekends. Don't be shy if you're interested. I'm taking some old WWII and Korean "Police Action" era guns out.

Dan, even if it ain't in the cards for me I can't think of anything I'd rather do than come down and spend some time with you and Larry. Just a bit to far and a couple days at a time is all I'll generally take off any more and leave Cathy home to take care of the horses and all. Just no one else around to do it. Guess that's the "downside" to livin' out where we do and the life styles we choose. But it's a good life.... +1

When you two get together say "howdy" for me. and remember the sayin', "yer never to old if ya can still cock yer pistol".... +guns
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Just packing up to take off for today shoot.

LarryW says he will be a little late getting out as he is feeling a little out of sorts but I know this old ornery cuss so won't quit till he is making smoke.

Two other friends will be joining us as well. Both are reloaders. Actually one is just starting his reloading adventure. He thinks his M1A will out perform my M1 Garand. But he is young and can be forgiven for such silliness. :P :lol:

More to follow. +guns

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Pictures or it never took place!
Michael
larryw

Post by larryw »

daboone wrote:The weather is finally turning cooler. Well cool enough in the mornings to go shooting. Fellow member, LarryW and and I are going to get together and do some plinking this week. So this is an open invitation if anyone wants to join us. It will be a week day as our favorite shooting sites are overcrowded on weekends. Don't be shy if you're interested. I'm taking some old WWII and Korean "Police Action" era guns out.

Well unfortunately, I didn't make it out today, some lingering side effects still. But, the places Dan & I go out in the desert are great spots & have been shooting spots since before I was born.
It always a good time with Daboone & his WWII arsenal.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'll take the long barrel.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Well maybe no photos of the shoot but his happened today.

I was having problems with the Inland M1 Carbine magazines. So I bought 10 new 15 round mags to replace the old ones. They didn't work and this picture explains why. When I got home and took it apart this was the answer. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Found a replacement online and it is on the way now. Can't take a deep breath till my baby Garand is ALL better. ;)

As for the actual shoot is was a perfect day. We got there at 7am and the weather was clear and cool ( for Phoenix AZ). We shot the Garand, A 308 and 223 AR, 2 rounds out of the M1 Carbine before it died, several Winchester Levers (one was a 32 Winchester) and several handguns. I sucked at rifle but did fantastic with my S&W 38 spl and Makarov. Today a young, by my standards, retire FBI agent and new reloader joined us. He is a lot of fun and a dang serious artist with his AR platform rifles. Nevertheless he realizes that the M1 Garand was the BEST rifle there. ;) We had the most fun shooting the 32 winchester.

Just when we were packing up to go a County Sheriff show up. He was pleasant enough but informed us that this part of the site was now closed for shooting, :evil:

Had fun shooting. Sad that my Carbine was hospitalized and that a favorite shooting site is now off limits.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Man sorry you little one broke and you shooting spot is now off limits. Now what?

Hope you get to feeling better Larry.
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”