Lee adjustable charge Bar #90792

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
Patriot007
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lee adjustable charge Bar #90792

Post by Patriot007 »

62chevy wrote:Well darn I wanted it for very small charges too. Hoping that micro disk I ordered from Titan works out if not then the dippers will have to do. I need 2.2 grains of TiteGroup for the .380.
Motard,,, had stated that he was using it in a 9mm at 4.2 - 4.4 gns in his loads and found it to be quite accurate. Now for 2.2gn I don't know. I know the reviews that I've read on other posts stated that they had problems with them at low charges. I've also read reviews where they stated any thing below 5 gn was not reliable. The one I just got in, I set it for 4.8 gn Titegroup and threw 30 loads with it and it came out with in 5.000ths of a grain. Heck, that's better than 10.000ths any day, in my book. But the majority of them were spot on.
Ok I just ran some numbers. The VMD of Titegroup is .0847, you need 2.2 grains, so , .0847 times 2.2gn =
0.18634....Rounded off = .19,,,,,,,,,The lowest setting on the charge Bar is .2cc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,???????????????????
So what I thinking is, and I don't know for sure, is, that charge of 2.2 gn is smaller than the lowest setting on the charge bar. Now there are mods out there on YouTube that will show you how to modify the charge bar. But I'm not sure how accurate of a throw it will give you. Good luck with it and let me know how it goes, for you. Have a safe one.
+corn +corn +corn
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

The smallest charge the Adjustable Charge Bar can drop is .28 cc. That is where the Micro Charge Bar comes in. It has cavities of .12, .15, .18, .21, .24, .27. With the Lee Micro Disk being discontinued two other outfits stepped up: Custom Cast and Titan Reloading

They both are made of different materials, might need a new topic for members to compare the two :!:
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I'm hoping I have all my basis covered with the order from Titan has their Micro disk kit, Lee dippers, Double disk kit and the Adjustable Charge Bar. The Adjustable Charge Bar should work for the 45, fingers crossed and the Micro Disk for the .380. The Double Disk for rifle and the dippers for backup.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”