Pro auto disc question install ? from new guy.

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Pro auto disc question install ? from new guy.

Post by 62chevy »

Welcome Jason and please forgive my bad manors for not saying so in the first post.
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I didn't see you say what press this is being mounted. I have used the Pro Auto on a single stage and my Hornady LNL AP and it worked well on both of them. But when it's used on my Classic Turret it seems the movement of rotating around on the turret makes for the best performance. I find mounting the Pro Auto right next to dies to require the riser but of course on the single stage it does not. I think they all come with the swivel adapter now but if you have new old stock and it’s not already there then just buy the part as it’s very convenient for rotating the body of the Pro Auto without having to adjust the height of the powder die. Last, I would throw in the Double Disk kit. Stacking the disks allows you to really play around with the volume. Just make sure the smaller cavity disk is over the bottom disk so you don’t leave a shoulder. There is also a thread with links to a guy that sells blank disks that is mentioned in another thread. Same guy also makes a modded version of the Micro Disk kit. Neat stuff.
jayp1978

Post by jayp1978 »

Yes I am sorry for not mentioning my whole setup..I am indeed using a classic turret press with the pro auto disc and a 4pc set of lee dies in 45acp. I will definitely be getting the double disc set when I delve into rifle loading. I am just a newbie and wanted to get some time under my belt with just the one caliber before I try more. Thanks for the great info..

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”